$80K — $100K *
Lead and assist with the development of technical specifications, vendor reviews, supplier qualifications, etc, including testing and commissioning aspects of energy storage projects.
• Support teams throughout the development, contracts, RFP’s, contracting and negotiations of energy storage execution projects.
• Support procurement activities by managing supplier information gathering, generating RFPs, technical requirement documents and maintaining supplier Q&A logs.
• Review and evaluate technical aspects of EPC bidder’s proposals pertaining to energy storage during the course of EPC selection.
During Project Execution:
• Manage the development, coordination, review, and technical oversight of all engineering and design of one or more contracted energy storage projects.
• Work closely with Project Managers, Engineers, Clients, AHJs, and others to meet the contractual commitments.
• Manage Engineering Consultant and host weekly coordination meetings.
• Develop and/or review System designs, Single Lines, Layouts, Containerization, Performance guarantees, Project level studies, etc.
• Review/coordinate design and other technical information from suppliers and contractors.
• Prepare commissioning plan to coordinate all commissioning activities and performance testing.
• Support the resolution of installation and commissioning technical issues.
• Improve procedures/processes used in project execution.
• Initiate/review/approve the work of consultants used on ESS projects.
• Train/mentor other less experienced staff.
• Maintain knowledge of applicable codes & standards and certifications in the Energy Storage industry.
• Identify gaps in scope and responsibility to ensure project success. This requires a comprehensive understanding of engineering, construction, and permitting concepts and rules of conduct.
• Able to identify key stakeholders and drive innovative solutions with cross functional teams.
• Interface with internal customers (project managers, product engineers, sales team) and external customers (utilities, AHJs, contractors, end customers) to ensure consistent communication.
• Travel to project sites and stakeholder meetings as needed.
• Maintain and develop key strategic relationships with major vendors, suppliers, and contractors throughout the energy storage industry.
• Support value-engineering approach when designing energy storage systems in multiple project-specific use cases.
Qualifications and Experience:
• BS in an engineering field or equivalent experience/practical knowledge.
• 5-10 years of relevant experience in project and/or systems engineering within Energy Storage integrator or EPC contractor.
• Direct experience in battery storage systems, medium voltage stations, and/or related products/systems.
• Proficient in the specification, technical bid analysis and procurement of major equipment such as inverter, transformers, switchgear etc...
• Must have a sound understanding of commissioning, and testing of Energy Storage projects.
• Proficient in construction project management (Submittals, RFIs, Change Order, Non Conformance, As built)
• Proficient in MV Electrical Installations, Ampacity Calculations, Short circuit/load flow, Protective Device Coordination, Arc Flash, Grounding per IEEE80 and other relevant design topics.
• Exceptional technical aptitude including the ability to read and fully understand engineering schematics, technical advisory reports and technology reviews.
• Proficient in AutoCAD or related software.
• Practical hands-on experience on system engineering and solid understanding of related regulatory standards including NEC/UL code compliance.
• Global perspective and awareness, and direct experience working across diverse cultures in a multinational company would be beneficial.
• A go-getter professional with a can-do attitude - setting aggressive, measurable goals and objectives for him/herself and prepared to be measured against them.
• An efficient team member with high regard for ethics, integrity, and finesse.
Valid through: 3/27/2021
$80K — $100K
2 days ago
$100K — $150K
10 days ago