Navistar’s Controls and Software team is responsible for vehicle electronic controls design, device and module development, as well as software requirements, design, coding, testing, integration and release.
The Project Engineer is part of the Electronics and Architecture team. The team develops electronic control components and modules for Navistar vehicles, as well as defines vehicle network and functional architecture constructs. The engineer will own the development of electronic modules including, but not limited to, specification development, messaging definition and supplier interface.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Development of electronic module specifications and requirements
- Management of technical aspects of supplier interface
- Problem solving and implementing solutions to hardware and control software issues
- Work in a team and contribute to the continuous improvement activities through participation in Lean projects, technical knowledge capture, process improvements etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology
- At least 5 years of experience in product design/development
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology
- At least 3 years of experience in product design/development
- PhD in Engineering or Engineering Technology
- Qualified candidates, excluding current Navistar employees, must be legally authorized on an unrestricted basis (US Citizen, Legal Permanent Resident, Refugee or Asylee) to be employed in the United States. Navistar does not anticipate providing employment related work sponsorship for this position (e.g., H-1B status)
- Experience in functional areas, such as Electric Vehicle Electronics, Autonomous Electronics (Radar, Lidar, Camera, Autonomous processor, etc..), Functional Safety (ISO26262), Vehicle Communications and Network, Cybersecurity
- Embedded hardware design and development experience
- Experience with Vehicle, Powertrain or Engine Controls System design
- Supplier management and development experience
- Experience with engineering and quality design and development methodologies: (8D, FMEA, DVP&R)
- CAN and/or J1939 development and debugging experience
- Vector CANalyzer/CANoe
- Experience with engineering toolchains such as MS Visio, Software configuration management tools, MatLab, Simulink, INCA calibration tool preferred
- Experience with requirement documentation and system engineering