McKim & Creed is a unique, employee-owned firm. First and foremost, we value people. This means we not only hire great talent, we've also created an environment where each individual can grow, flourish and apply innovative thinking. As a result, we've created a world-class team of professionals within a nimble organization. That's what our clients want. That's why we succeed. Our clients hire us because of our people.
McKim & Creed has a reputation for state-of-the-art engineering services that help energy users and providers convert facilities to cleaner, more efficient energy sources; harness the power of renewables; and optimize existing infrastructure and resources. Our highly respected team of engineers, planners and project managers are committed to the innovation, sustainability and resource efficiencies that lead to a cleaner, safer and more sustainable future.
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our Building, Energy and Infrastructure (BEI) Group. If you want to work at a company that will help you become the best you can be, we're glad you found McKim & Creed.
- Provides technical and design services in support of power distribution, lighting, fire alarm, and telecommunication systems for design projects as part of a multi-discipline project team to produce electrical design/construction drawings and specifications for institutional, commercial and industrial facilities.
- Responsibilities include: ability to interact and work directly with clients, conduct preliminary evaluations, prepare various reports, produce design drawings, prepare technical specifications and prepare permit submittals for electrical engineering projects.
- Responsible for various tasks on several concurrent projects and must be able to follow these tasks through to completion within the allocated period of time and the monetary budget assigned.
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- NC PE registration or ability to quickly acquire NC PE quickly through reciprocity.
- 5-10 years of experience in electrical design.
- Experience with Higher Education design is preffered but not required.
- Experience with Emergency Power Systems is preferred but not required.
- Experience with plumbing and fire protection systems is preferred but not required.
- Experience with healthcare work is preferred but not required
- Must be able to work as part of a project team.
- Must be self-motivated and work independently to complete work assignments.