ENERGY FOR WHAT’S AHEAD
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We’re working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
Generation is responsible for the safe and reliable operation of Southern California Edison's Generation assets. Which includes: hydro, solar, gas, combined cycle, and fuel cells
The Project Engineer shall perform engineering tasks utilizing in-house or contract resources for projects as assigned. Provides technical information, expertise, consultation and recommendations related to project scope, engineering costs, schedules, analysis, and design methodology. Typical responsibilities include development and documentation of drawings, calculations, technical reports, specifications, engineering evaluations with emphasis in Mechanical Engineering and constructionsupport by utilizing external engineering consultant or with in-house technical resources when available. Additional responsibilities include development of as-built drawings, review and approval of vendor drawings. They will provide timely technical support as necessary for Eastern and Western Operations for consultation, studies, and investigations as part of the root-cause analysis process. Provides support to Asset Management in assessing equipment performance and improving plant reliability and availability. Interfaces with Project Manager to execute technical portion of all major projects. Interface with external engineering vendors or in-house engineering team from other disciplines. Provide support to plant or asset performance engineer for O&M related work per assignment from supervisor.
- Performs engineering tasks as assigned to meet Generation objectives & goals.
- Provides technical information and recommendations related to project scope, engineering costs, schedules, analysis, and design methodology. Identify technical resources and interact with external Engineering consultant as needed.
- Performs as Project Engineer for specific projects, including establishment of Project Scopes of Work, work with project control and management group on establishment and tracking of budgets and schedules. Coordinate with other discipline engineers for project completion. Attend construction meeting and work with project stakeholders on project updates and progress.
- Perform engineering for unique assignments where no design guides are available, and where engineering precedents are incomplete, requiring a broad Engineering background to complete a functional design. Assist plant engineers to troubleshoot mechanical equipment problems. Perform site visit for field measurement or investigate of mechanical equipment.
- Provides support on projects from $100k to $25 million, may act as Project Engineer /engineering management on projects from $100k to $2 million.
- Projects to be managed could be highly complex; assignments are unique, with no design guides available, engineering precedents are incomplete, requiring a broad mechanical engineering background to complete a functional design, and provide solutions to problems.
- Performs evaluations on projects that have a major impact on the client department, Generation and the Company.
- Provides technical direction and decisions regarding technical criteria/codes/practices.
- Utilizes advanced engineering principles to identify, resolve and make decisions on complex technical issues.
- Provides information and recommendations on project decisions that require specialized knowledge.
- B.S. in Engineering or related preferably in Mechanical Engineering.
- Professional Mechanical Engineering license in the State of California.
- 7years or more performing mechanical engineering work related to hydro power plant or electrical utility or related.
- Experience with fossil and hydroelectric generation technologies, equipment, and facilities
- Experience in a project engineer/ project manager role.
- Experience supervising or interact with technical personnel in a Design engineering environment
- Experience in mechanical gate, valve, motor, pump, actuator, HVAC & P&ID.
- Candidates for the position must have a Valid CA Driver License or be able to obtain one.
- Master of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Demonstrated knowledge of SCE, and applicable engineering codes and standards
- Client/customer focused experience
- Ability to work as a project team member in a project matrix environment.
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- The primary work location for this position is Rosemead, CA; however, the successful candidate may also be asked to work or travel about 25% of the time for an extended amount of time at Generation facilities such as Big Creek, Catalina and Bakersfield within the SCE territory.
- Relocation may apply to this position