POSITION FUNCTION & SCOPE:
This position is to support the fruit & vegetable operations business units and facilities management as directed. The project engineer plans and executes the engineering and management of capital projects in support of plant operations and R&D. The engineer will independently collaboratewith cross-functional leaders from procurement, marketing, operations, and R&D to assess business opportunities, understand customer needs and develop capital cost structures to meet project objectives. Performance is measured on ability and technical leadership to implement projects on time and budget and work with peers, vendors and other functions as a team.
- Provide project management and cost estimates with projected timelines for implementation.
- Engineer, design and specify equipment systems to meet needs & specifications of the department customers. Provide structured planning and manage to completion within schedule, budget and scope for all assigned capital projects.
- Prepare clear studies/reports to facilitate transfer of information or requests for quotes to contractors with good verbal skills.
- Works with procurement teams to search out options for capital reduction & improvements
- Assists in the preparation of capital appropriate requests and helps develop scope of work.
- Embraces change and engages others in R&D and engineering to adopt new processes, solutions and plans while staying focused on goals and results.
- Provide layouts of equipment or block flow diagrams to help the business understand floor space requirements and proper ergonomics for cost efficient operations.
- Improve engineering department services, organize drawings electronically and learn and become certified in Del Monte lean concepts
- Improve engineering skills & food process knowledge while staying current on the new technology & its application.
- Gain familiarity in GMP practices, quality guidelines, and sanitary equipment and piping design practices.
- Improve individual & department credibility by maintaining professional integrity and communication.
- Provide technical plant support and assist in root cause investigations, problem solving, troubleshooting and process optimization.
- Provide onsite supervision of contractors and monitor their quality to ensure successful projects.
- Work with R&D and plant operations teams to solve issues, develop new products or improve operations.
- Other duties as assigned
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial Food Science or Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum 6-10 years; experience in food and beverage and/or consumer packaged goods industry preferred.
- Plant floor operations experience a plus.
- Proficient in AutoCAD LT and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project and Outlook).
- Travel25% - 50%; international if necessary.
Del Monte Foods is one of the country's largest and most well-known producers, distributors and marketers of premium quality, branded food products for the U.S. retail market, generating approximately $1.7 billion in net sales in fiscal 2016. With a powerful portfolio of brands, Del Monte products are found in six out of ten U.S. households. Brands include Del Monte?, Contadina?, S&W?, College Inn?, Sager Creek and other brand names.