Do you want to bring your expertise within clean technologies and mechanical engineering into play and be a driving force of the decarbonization agenda in a truly global company in the energy industry? Noble Corporation is one of the world’s largest drilling companies. We recently significantly increased our global presence when we merged with Maersk Drilling and we are now on an exciting journey to execute on our decarbonization strategy.
Our strategy builds upon providing technologies applicable to our business, through engineering acumen, curiosity, and consistent focus on sustainable solutions. You will support our purpose of providing efficient and environmental responsible services that deliver energy to the world. This role is a key enabler to achieve it by entering close and trusted collaborations with especially external stakeholders, where structured recommendations and solutions support our leading position in the offshore drilling industry.
We are seeking a skilled and driven Project Engineer-Decarbonization Solutions to join our team and contribute to our decarbonization solutions. You will play a vital role of executing successful research, planning and implementation of mechanical engineering projects related to decarbonization initiatives. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams, contractors, and internal stakeholders to design, develop, and implement systems and technologies that support the transition to a low carbon economy. This role requires a strong background in research and development, rotating equipment, project execution, and a passion for sustainable solutions.
- Conduct feasibility studies, technical assessments, and risk analyses to evaluate the viability and impact of decarbonization technologies in Noble’s offshore drilling rigs to align with customer’s ambitions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including OE, operations, sustainability, supply chain and innovation, to define project objectives, deliverables, and milestones.
- Oversee the design, development, and optimization of mechanical, hydraulic and rotating equipment systems for decarbonization initiatives, ensuring compliance with industry standards and best practices.
- Collaborate with technology owners and suppliers to evaluate decarbonization solutions, design pilot implementations as well as retrofit and installation plans within Noble’s fleet.
- Conduct regular project meetings, prepare progress reports, and communicate project status updates to stakeholders and senior management.
- Perform detailed mechanical design, analysis, and simulations to validate and optimize performance, efficiency, and reliability of decarbonization technologies.
- Conduct testing, verification, and validation activities to ensure the performance and compliance of mechanical systems and components.
- Ensure proper documentation of project activities, including design specifications, technical reports, and engineering drawings.
- Stay up to date with emerging technologies, industry trends, and best practices in mechanical engineering and decarbonization solutions.
- Contribute to continuous improvement efforts by identifying areas for process optimization, innovation, and efficiency gains.
Do you have what it takes?
- Experience in Clean energy and/or Oil & Gas industry. Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience. Offshore experience is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field. A master's degree is preferred.
- Proven experience as a Mechanical, R&D or Project Engineer, preferably in the field of sustainable energy, decarbonization, or clean technology.
- Strong understanding of power generation and storage principles, thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, and heat transfer.
- Proficiency in mechanical design software, such as CAD (Computer-Aided Design), FEA (Finite Element Analysis), and CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics).
- Experience in managing and delivering mechanical engineering projects, including planning, budgeting, and resource allocation.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, manage timelines, and deliver projects on schedule and within budget.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to apply engineering principles to design innovative and practical solutions.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to interpret data, perform technical calculations, and make informed engineering decisions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Knowledge of renewable energy technologies, energy efficiency measures, and low carbon transportation systems.
- Familiarity with relevant codes, standards, and regulations related to offshore & marine operations and engineering.
- Experience in coordinating with contractors, suppliers, and vendors for project implementation.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Passion for sustainability, decarbonization,
Noble Corporation is a global company with operations spanning the globe. Some travel is to be expected, approximately 20 days per year.