Tenessee Rand, a subsidiary of Lincoln Electric, is a full service automation integrator. We provide engineering, machining, and integrated robotic systems with core competencies in advanced welding system design, high-quality weld fixtures, robotic integration, process automation, and ongoing service and support.
Req. ID: 18964
PURPOSE: Advanced level Controls Engineering (hardware and software design) and project lead position of integrated tooling and equipment.
JOB DESCRIPTION (DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Electrically design and program complex projects with PLC(s), HMI(s) and robot(s).
- Provide support to the Applications Engineering Dept. for estimating labor, materials
- Visit customer site for purposes of gathering information, project kickoffs or project reviews
- Attend Project Kick Off meetings, to gather important project scope details
- Concept and design equipment according to a blending of Customer Build Specifications, Customer RFQs, Lincoln Quote, process requirements, and industry safety standards
- Coordinate/Lead and Create electrical and fluid controls schematics per project requirements.
- Responsible for developing and placing requisition for all controls associated material/parts related to a project
- Review and manage schematics required for the production of the equipment
- Manage the quality, timing, and scope of equipment and resources provided by internal and external suppliers
- Monitor and maintain quoted material and labor budget
- Participate in innovation strategy development.
- Provide documentation to the programming department, such as I/O addressing, machine sequence, and bring attention to special/unusual/ high-end components
- Work with vendors and manufactures on cost, deliveries, cross-referencing and application solutions
- Participate in the development and management of department processes.
- Understand and comply with established ISO9001 processes and procedures specific to the Controls Department.
- Assist in establishing Project timelines and determining manpower needs.
- Assist in complex system start-up, de-bug and final equipment maturation.
- Assist in developing/maintaining engineering and product standards.
- Lead mentoring process of new/inexperienced engineers.
- Write and debug effective and safe control programs that meet the requirements of the end user and the expectations of Tennessee Rand.
- Meet requirements for internal runoffs, safety inspections, and other quality control procedures.
- Debugging of electrical systems as needed for operation of all machines.
- Responsible for the completion of all safety documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of Controls Design experience
- Strong AutoCAD Electrical Skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of industry safety design standards and best practices
- NFPA 79
- NFPA 70E
- ANSI/RIA R15.06
- ISO 12100 & 13849
- Exceptional computer proficiency in Microsoft office applications
- Programming and Design experience primarily with Allen Bradley PLC's and HMI's
- A wide-ranging knowledge of AC/DC power, motors, drives/motion control, industrial controls, pneumatic valves and sensors.
- Experience in industrial networking & various communication protocols
- Experience with robotic welding (arc, laser, resistance) and material handling
- Experience with commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in machine control design
- Team Leadership and Project management experience.
- Advanced experience with Fanuc, Motoman, and/or ABB programming structure.
- Electrical Debug Skills
- Exceptional leadership, communication and relational skills
- Travel up to 15-20%
Internal Job Related:
- Recognized as an expert in own area within the organization
- Has specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in own discipline or function
- Interprets internal or external issues and recommends solutions/best practices
- Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify solutions
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situation
- Leads functional teams or projects, with exceptional track record
- High level of efficiency, attention to detail and organizational skills
- Embraces flexibility and adaptability in handling change
- Exceptional ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Relies on experience & judgement to plan, make decisions and accomplish goals
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is required frequently to work from ladders and scaffolds. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Lincoln Electric is a $2.5B publicly traded company (NASDAQ) with over 10,000 employees around the world. With operations in over 40 manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we are well positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow with our customers.
As a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with being part of the solution to the world’s challenges. It is a great time to be part of the welding industry!
Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln Electric will not be considered binding terms. Lincoln Electric will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting Department.
Employment Status: Salary Full-Time
Section: Tennessee Rand, Inc. (US77)