Haskell is hiring a Controls Engineer with 5+ years of experience of packaging controls experience within the food and beverage manufacturing industry. Our team provides controls design, programming, and start-up services; from long-term conceptual planning to the commissioning of new systems. Projects include designing conveyor control systems, PLC/HMI programming, & the integration of packaging and warehouse systems. An ideal Controls Engineer will have 5+ years in Food and Beverage manufacturing and a strong knowledge of Rockwell PLC, HMI, and drives.
- Develop and implement controls design and installation standards;
- Review equipment specifications and line layouts;
- Establish sequence of operation & control system architecture;
- Design low voltage (typically 480VAC and lower) power and control systems for automated packaging applications including control system panels, motor controls center specifications, safety systems, and automation network design;
- Develop high-quality PLC and HMI programming aligned with the defined project requirements;
- Prepare scopes of work, bills of material, specifications, cost estimates, and other necessary project documents;
- Work closely with the simulation team to develop detailed emulations;
- Supervision of control system installation and participation in start-up under the direction of the Project Manager;
- Development and participation in both formal and informal training programs designed to teach personnel the operating and trouble-shooting techniques for the completed control system;
- Assist in the development & implementation of an acceptance test plan for the equipment at vendor’s facility and for the installed system at customer’s facility;
- Ensure all drawings are updated at completion of project;
- Flexibility for travel up to 50% at times for installations and startup is required.
- Degreed Engineer in Electrical Engineering, and Electrical Engineering Technology.
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of experience in manufacturing or capital project execution is preferred.
- Experience in the food, pharmaceutical, beverage, or consumer products industries is preferred.