At the dawn of a new space age, Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. You bring the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities and we’ll build a better tomorrow with you.
Are you passionate about being a difference maker? Do you seek a career that has tremendous impact beyond any one individual and wish to be a part of a meaningful American institution? We invite you to explore the Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) program. For over 60 years, the FBM team has supported the Navy’s mission to provide affordable and credible strategic deterrence to help keep this nation and our allies secure. We offer unique career opportunities and challenges on a program with a rich history and exciting future. Come, join our Program Management team in the dynamic world of Space. Here, we are driven by innovation and integrity. By applying the highest standards of business ethics and a forward-thinking mindset, we believe everything is within our reach -- and yours.
Our facility in Titusville, FL has an immediate opportunity for a mid-career Project Engineer to support the FBM mission. As a Control Account Manager (CAM) you will perform CAM duties for all assigned control accounts. Additionally, you’ll manage control account performance, elevate concerns and issues where appropriate to program management, including other impacted control account managers.
What does a typical Project Engineer/CAM role involve at Space?
• You will integrate and work closely with 3 senior managers within the FBM System Engineering Integration and Test (SEIT) organization to partner and manage their scope of work
• You will work with another CAM to provide a one stop Point of Contact for the SEIT director
• You will work with partnering organizations (Supply Chain, Program Management, Quality, etc.) to ensure processes are appropriately followed and implemented to ensure smooth product flow throughout the life-cycle
• You will identify risks and opportunities to the program Risk & Opportunity Control Board and implement approved mitigation plans
• You will conduct closed loop corrective action including thorough variance analysis, monitoring of cost/schedule mitigation activities, and corrective action adjustment as necessary
• You will provide timely and accurate insight to key program impacts or opportunities to the Integrated Process Team (IPT) Manager and Program Manager
• You will address questions related to parts procurement status, headcount challenges, resource constraints, or safety and quality issues
• You will complete all Earned Value Management (EVM) assigned duties to include work authorization requests, estimate at complete review, schedule status, variance reporting, and comprehensive estimates at complete
Our employees working in this level of position typically have 9-15 years of professional experience.
• Bachelors degree in a technical or business oriented discipline with 7-9 years of related experience or in lieu of a degree candidates who have 16-17 years of overall experience with relevant project engineering experience will also be considered
• Knowledge of program lifecycle and how early milestones may drive future costs.
• Knowledge of Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) processes
• Demonstrated ability to work with technical leads to manage cost, schedule and technical scope
• Previous Proposal and BOE (basis of estimate) experience
• Risk and Opportunity Management experience
• US citizenship
• Ability to secure a security clearance at the Secret level
• 2-3 years of project management and/or earned value management experience
• Active Secret security clearance
• Program Management Professional (PMP), Previous CAM or project lead experience
• Demonstrated experience in driving complex issues or problems to successful closure
• Desire to enhance Program Management skills including communication, the ability to deal with unforeseen
• challenges, and building strong relationships
• Familiarity with FBM (Fleet Ballistic Missile), or other Missile/Weapon System programs
• Strong problem solving, root cause, corrective action, and closure skills
• Lead discussions and determine resolutions to problems
• Demonstrate ability to work collaboratively with customer
• Accept responsibility, accountability and exercise authority to ensure cost, schedule, and technical success
• Support internal and external customer audits
• Familiarity with the Missile Defense Agency customer organization.
• Excellent communicator both written and orally
• Demonstrated business acumen
• Experience with managing subcontracts that can be in excess of $100M