Our facility in Huntsville, AL has an immediate opportunity for a mid-career Project Engineer who wants to join our mission. We seek a Control Account Manager (CAM) to be a part of the team developing the hypersonic technology that could forever change our ability to deter and respond to conflict. In this role your duties will include leading, planning, budgeting, and managing the cost/schedule/technical performance for each assigned Control Account (CA).
What will your typical responsibilities be in this Project Engineering role?
• You will effectively manage control account performance, elevate concerns and issues where appropriate to program management, including other impacted control account managers
• You will work with partnering organizations (Supply Chain, PMP, Quality, etc) to ensure all processes are appropriately followed and implemented to ensure smooth product flow throughout the lifecycle.
• You will identify risks and opportunities to the program Risk & Opportunity Control Board and implement approved mitigation plans
• You will conduct closed loop corrective action to include thorough variance analysis, monitoring of cost/schedule mitigation activities, and corrective action adjustment as necessary
• You will provide timely and accurate insight to key program impacts or opportunities to the Program Manager
• You will address any 2nd level questions related to parts procurement status, headcount challenges, resource constraints, or safety and quality issues
• You will complete all earned value management (EVM) assigned duties to include work authorization requests, estimate at complete review, schedule status, variance reporting, and comprehensive estimates at complete.
Our employees working in this level of position typically have 9-15 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Benefits you can enjoy include:
• Bachelor's degree with 7-9 years of professional experience, or equivalent experience/combined education
• Knowledge of program life-cycle and how early milestones may drive future costs
• Previous CAM (control account manager) or project lead experience
• Previous Proposal, BOE (basis of estimate), & Negotiations experience
• Must be a United States citizen
• Must have, at minimum, an active Interim Secret
• 2-3 years of project management and/or earned value management experience
• Risk and Opportunity Management experience
• Desire to enhance Program Management skills including communication, the ability to deal with unforeseen challenges, and building strong relationships
• Demonstrated experience in driving complex issues or problems to successful closure
• Strong problem solving, root cause, corrective action, and closure skills
• Lead discussions and determine resolutions to problems
• Demonstrate ability to work collaboratively with customer
• Accept responsibility, accountability and exercise authority to ensure cost, schedule, and technical success
• Support internal and external customer audits
• Active Secret security clearance