San Francisco, CA
Less than 5 years
Posted 256 days agoby Isabella Schwarzinger
The Project Engineer provides technical support to and under the direction of the Project Manager and Superintendent. A Project Engineer’s primary obligation is project document control; additionally, the Project Engineer should gain competence in project administration, cost control, and scheduling tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Maintain the project document control system as required by the Project Management Procedures Manual and the Contract Documents. Prepare periodic reports to direct report on status of project documents.
· Review subcontractor Requests for Information with Project Manager or Superintendent, transmit to design team, maintain status logs, track RFI responsiveness and responses.
· Learn project submittal requirements; assure that subcontractors make timely submittals; review subcontractor submittals with Superintendent, review subcontractor submittals for conformance with contract documents, transmit subcontractor submittals to design team, maintain status logs, track submittal responsiveness and responses
· Assist Project Manager with minor cost control and estimating duties
· Review subcontractor pricing under direction and supervision of Project Manager
· Develop estimates for changed work under the direction of the Project Manager
· Assist Superintendent in maintaining Project Schedule and developing look-ahead schedules
· Bring field issues to the attention of Superintendent or Project Manager, as appropriate
· Maintain project as-built drawings with Superintendent
· Review project close-out requirements, gather and compile all project close-out documents
Basic understanding of project document control, enterprise software applications, budget/commitment differentiation, cost control procedures. Educational and experience requirements include: 4 yearengineering or business degree or equivalent-related experience, plus experience and knowledge of construction and design in the city of San Francisco.
Please include salary requirements.
Our client’s benefit program includes (offered only if hired directly with our client):
Medical, dental and vision coverage
Flexible spending account - Section 125 Plan
Short and long term disability
Vacation and holiday pay
Educational assistance programs
Our client provides General Contracting and complete Project Planning and Management services and serves California's most dynamic markets from multiple locations throughout the state. They are a leader in the construction of advanced technology facilities as well as office buildings, interior improvements, seismic retrofits, and special purpose facilities and are consistently rated among the nation’s safest builders.
The success of our client’s company is founded on the professionalism and dedication of their employees combined with the integrity of relationships with their customers. Their management style integrates a client focus, innovative thinking, teamwork and leadership to deliver better projects for their clients. They have built and maintained their reputation as a service and client-oriented company who meets the ever-changing and growing needs of their customers.