5 - 7 years experience • Industrial Equipment & Supply
The Project Engineer will perform engineering design evaluations and work to complete projects within budget and scheduling restraints. Review industry and customer specifications to ensure accuracy and compliance. Review reports of production, malfunction, and maintenance to determine or address problems. Provide technical support for the engineering, field service, aftermarket and sales departments. A Project Engineer must have good communication, organization, leadership skills and the ability to work well in a timely manner with other design disciplines and customers. Work under minimal supervision; reports to the Engineering Manager.
KEY FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop conceptual designs using both AutoCAD and Inventor.
• Provide a variety of engineering analysis in order to validate designs.
• Conduct and participate in design reviews.
• Produce complete drawing packages using AutoCAD and Inventor.
• Develop project specifications by reviewing product design, customer requirements, performance standards.
2. Project Management
• Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications and schedule changes; recommending actions.
• Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
• Assist the Sales & Aftermarket departments in developing technical proposals and estimating project costs.
1. Necessary Requirements
• Requires a Bachelor's degree in Engineering and a minimum of 3-5years of experience in the field or in a related area.
• Minimum of two (2) years of machine design experience as well as basic mechanical skills.
• Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the mechanicalengineering field.
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience using AutoCAD.
• Minimum of two (2) years of experience using 3D modeling software.
2. Optional Requirements
• Professional Engineer (P.E.) License.
• Experience using FEA software, preferably PTC Creo Simulate.
• Experience using Autodesk Inventor 3D modeling software.
• Experience with capital equipment.
• Experience within the steel industry.