Our client, a contract manufacturer, is seeking a Project Engineer with strong SolidWorks experience preferably in design for injection molding. The ideal candidate will have strong experience with project management and client interaction.
- Executing tasks on assigned engineering projects. Monitoring progress to ensure tasks are completed by committed dates.
- Manage projects from start to finish.
- Completing and continuously updating detailed project management documentation and other forms as required by our client?s ISO Quality Management System.
- Providing design for injection molding (DFIM) support to current and potential customers.
- Assist in the management of new injection mold builds: monitor supplier timelines, conduct mold design reviews, prepare Mold Log documents, develop part description forms, assign mold ID numbers, perform incoming mold inspections, perform first article inspection (FAI) reporting when appropriate.
- Managing mold modifications. Review change impact to tooling, drive supplier selection & evaluation, managing and negotiating timelines and costs, part description adjustment, mold inspection, 1st article review & submission if necessary, and quality plan adjustment.
- Provide support to production processes & quality team if necessary: Fixture and gage design and implementation, participating in internal quality investigations, performing capability studies, and updating procedures and forms.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelordegree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 3-5years of product design / engineeringexperience.
- Experience with utilizing the design principles for injection molded plastic parts.
- Experience in design for manufacturing and assembly (DFMA).
- Superior proficiency with Solidworks 3D CAD software in executing the design of parts and assemblies, and the creation of detailed 2D drawings.
- Familiarity with other main process technologiesassociated with product development for plastics and metals.
- Ability to use inspection equipment to verify internal and supplier output.
- Ability to independently manage simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment.
- High attention to detail, and an insatiable eagerness to learn and grow.
- Experience in project management, and using MS Project to plan and monitor & control activities.
Knowledge of processing on an injection molding machine.