As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will act as a project engineer for various spaceflight systems. You will share in the team's impact on all aspects of propulsion systems. You will be actively involved in all aspects of customer interactions and the project technical efforts. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Plan, conduct, and technically direct projects or phases of projects, coordinating the efforts of technical support staff in the performance of assigned projects
- Develop program plans, budgets, and schedules, both from internally derived goals and constraints and from customer contracts and statements-of-work
- Monitor technical progress, requirements, budget, schedule, deliverables and risks and review recommendations for change with program management
- Prepare, integrate inputs and support negotiations on technical proposals
- Support the development of specifications, requirements and management of interfaces between customers and project technical efforts.
- Create the framework used to develop and monitor project metrics and manage the collection of project data
- Must have experience working with outside customers, excellent communication skills
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in Engineering with Program and Project Management training
- 10+ years industry experience, 5+ in progressive project management roles
- Demonstrated technical expertise in spacecraft, launch vehicle, or high-performance aircraft development; including one or more of the following: human spaceflight, liquid rocket engines, fluid/mechanical systems, structures and tanks, avionics, and systems engineering and integration.
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing small teams on fast-paced projects
- Experience with logic-linked scheduling and cost-account management
- Experience with IMP/IMS, risk management, configuration management, requirements management processes
- Experience in budget management and reporting
- Leadership and management experience as well as a history of mentoring
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- MBA or MS in engineering management
- Experience across multiple portions of the product life cycle
- Experience with human spaceflight or high performance aircraft systems
- Experience with Primavera (P6), CREO, Windchill, Confluence, Jira
- Experience with proposal leadership or support (technical/management volumes, BOE development, etc.)