Our client takes pride in their heritage and have emerged to market with new purpose. They are a modern global food company, still making the best beef and lamb combinations in the market and also, so much more. Today, our client makes it easy to offer new and familiar fare, by providing BOLD, on-trend, specialty proteins, bringing excitement to authentic world cuisine.
With the recent merger of a well-known brand in the food manufacturing space and their own industry-leading brand, the main goal for our client is to rejuvenate the restaurant and retail space. Combining innovative processes, products and an inspired team atmosphere, they are creating a collaborative work environment in which their growth and success in the food manufacturing space will be rooted in. Our partner continues to find the best talent to assist in guiding their exciting growth.
The Project Engineer will assume accountability for the coordination, planning and execution of both large and small-scale facility / capital projects and the successful delivery of key commercialization initiatives for the company. This role will collaborate with operations and engineering management to define the scope of work, develop project costs, define and manage expectations and coordinate and manage deliverables throughout each project’s life cycle.
The Project Engineer reports to the VP of Operations and this role will float between three facilities in the Western Suburbs of Chicago, IL.
· Lead a core project team (internal or external) to execute with excellence (time, cost, quality) a variety of plant projects, assuring the application of best practices during equipment selection, installation and commissioning so that target performance is achieved as planned.
· Using Initiative Management Best Practices, develops capital appropriation requests including the financial justification, budget and schedule for execution. Leads the execution to deliver a vertical project start-up.
· Conducts regular meeting with project stakeholders to seek their input and arrive at the solution that delivers the highest return for the investment.
· Project Management - Ensure that project scopes are aligned with the strategic needs of the business. Reports monthly capital spend to the Director of Engineering for financial reporting purposes and effectively manages and scope change.
· Identify potential suppliers and guide each through the correct bidding process using proper RFQs. Provides coordination and technical expertise for evaluation of supplier offers and submitting proposals for the most appropriate, cost effective technical solution.
· Coordinate with Finance and Procurement in the preparation of contracts, providing technical requirements and details in order to support contract negotiation and approvals.
· Provide functional and technical support to our plants and project engineering team.
· Degree in Mechanical Engineering or other related engineering field.
· 10+ years’ experience in a food-manufacturing environment demonstrating progressive responsibilities.
· Should have exhibited an ability to lead and manage a project from concept to go-live, on-time, within budget.
· Experience managing projects with budgets exceeding $1,000,000.
· Ability to pragmatically solve problems.
· Ability to prioritize projects/tasks, based on urgency and importance to the organization.
· Ability to self-identify improvements and engineer cost savings.
· Ability to collaborate with peers and lead project planning and execution.
· Ability to spearhead and manage the engineering project pipeline, to properly budget for future projects and organizational growth.
· Proven leadership skills gained from increasingly challenging, responsible and similar positions in an automated manufacturing environment.
The compensation package for this position is commensurate with experience and includes an attractive base salary, discretionary bonus and a competitive benefits package.
Valid through: 10/26/2020