This person works on project teams that design and implement low-noise analog and digital circuitry in high-fidelity audio processing equipment. May perform maintenance-of-line (MOL)work as needed. May assist with the development of lower-level Engineers
- Designs audio and power supply circuitry that meet the desired performance, cost, and time-to-market requirements of the product being developed
- Helps in the selection, design, and layout of digital hardware including microprocessors, clocks, memory, and logic.
- Integrates circuit blocks on complex designs by working closely with RF/Wireless, mechanical, and digital hardware engineers.
- Participates on cross-functional teams including members from Mechanical Engineering, Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Layout, Software Development, Corporate Quality, and Marketing to help satisfy the requirements of the overall design.
- Performs audio quality testing on products being developed, which includes conducting bench test and listening test evaluations of prototypes.
- Prepares and provides supporting design documentation, including design specifications, tuning procedures, experimental results, design options, tradeoffs, and reasoning for the final design choice.
- Support production testing and manufacturing.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 8 years of experience using skills as a seasoned, experienced professional in low-noise analog/digital signal processing circuitry and power supply design.
- Experience implementing switch-mode power supplies, AD/DA conversion, and integrated and discrete amplifiers and filters.
- Experience as an essential design team member carrying a product design from concept through production.
- Experience using analog simulation tools
- Experience meeting Electro-Magnetic Interference (EMI), Electro-Magnetic Compatibility (EMC), and Electro-Static Discharge (ESD) government performance standards.
- Has a full understanding of industry practices and/or company policies and procedures.
- Able to work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data or situations requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions for difficult assignments and of diverse scope.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- Experience with Li-ion battery and charging circuitry development highly desired
- Interest in and experience working with professional audio equipment is highly desired.