AP Professionals has partnered with a food manufacturer looking to add a Project Engineer to their team. The Project Engineer will be responsible for facilitating the planning, design, engineering, procurement, cost, scheduling, and construction activities of projects. 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing, project engineer role desired. Previous background in food/dairy or thermal processing, evaporation, spray drying, building construction, water, steam, refrigeration or waste water operations required. An upbeat personality and ability to get along with all members of the staff is imperative.
- Manage projects in order to achieve the expected scope, quality, performance, schedule, and budget while meeting the needs of the department.
- Develop project plans to address process controls, security, process communications, sanitary design, sanitation, quality, maintenance, safety and environmental factors in all design work and project estimates.
- Coordinate development of documents for equipment/process specifications, performance requirements, success measures, scope, budget and schedule in cooperation with project stake holders.
- Perform and supervise alongside external resources to meet the project goals.
- Accurately and concisely document and communicate project progress on a timely basis.
- Provide engineering support in the form of cost estimates, design and plant layouts of conceptual projects to analyze project viability.
- Serve as a resource to plant operations and maintenance management regarding performance and efficiency improvement of plant utilities and production processing systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering discipline
- 5 years’ experience in manufacturing or plant environment
- Experience in Dairy and/or Food manufacturing facility; specifically, with thermal processing, evaporation, spray drying, building construction, and water, steam, refrigeration and waste water operations.
- Technical experience in process piping, electrical, electronic, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, instrumentations, and automation.
- Ability to read, develop, and change schematic diagrams, equipment and architectural drawings
- Ability to modify the layout of an equipment area to enhance its efficiency or accommodate new equipment.
- Solid working knowledge of AutoCad, programmable logic controllers (PLC) and computer automation (software and hardware).
- Ability to manage multiple projects and negotiate effectively with internal and external resources (i.e. contractors and vendors)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Must possess outstanding leadership skills and consistently exhibit professionalism and appropriate business acumen as a role model for others.
- Proven ability to successfully lead projects within scope to an on-time and on-budget conclusion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively interact with and build credibility among peers and project stake holders and exhibit poise and professionalism in stressful situations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point), and CAD/CAM, or related applications.
- Must be highly collaborative and able to work effectively with and through others
- Obvious enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work