A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration – to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Advanced Development and Planning Division is looking for an enthusiastic individual with demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills to provide modeling and simulation expertise for architecture and enterprise systems engineering.
The Project Engineer will provide technical expertise for analysis support to system acquisition, mission evaluation, and prototype development efforts within SMC/AD.
This includes modeling, simulation and analysis efforts for major system acquisitions in support of SMC/AD’s role as the SMC enterprise architect and product center lead for implementing the Space Enterprise Vision.
Emphasis is on future architecture definition; science and technology transition and integration; system, mission and enterprise performance analysis and utility assessment; and concept development and prototype development in support of the space warfighting construct.
Responsibilities include working directly with Air Force leadership, advising and assisting them in the areas of architecture planning; mission planning; science and technology strategy; modeling, simulation, and analysis; space and ground segment development; analyses of alternatives and acquisition approaches.
Broader Corporate responsibilities include facilitating coordination across Aerospace for strategic planning related to future architectures.
- Support the development of modelling and simulation tools to provide analysis for SMC ADX projects.
- Position Aerospace in the highest value functions across the SMC/ADX portfolio.
- Work with the customer to define high value scope of work, translate customer technical operating plans into technical priorities, plan and execute projects with ETG support.
- Integration of Aerospace knowledge and analysis to provide responsive recommendations to the customer leadership for ongoing programs, new programs of record, and science and technology priorities.
- Actively participate in customer decision forums.
- Provide the modeling and analysis key capabilities for future missions, concepts and architectures.
- Work with teams of Government, SETA and Aerospace (including ETG) personnel in support of SMC ADX activities.
- Evaluate and document performance of projects.
- A bachelor’s degree in science, math or engineering
- 10 years + relevant progressive work experience in early milestone system, mission, and enterprise architecting; development planning; and demonstration and validation
- Broad familiarity with Air Force Space Command organizations, missions, architectures and systems
- Ability to build and/or maintain substantive rapport with Aerospace peers and government customers
- Demonstrated ability to influence outcomes utilizing objective facts
- Ability to translate customer needs into Aerospace appropriate work packages
- Demonstrated commitment to collaborative efforts supporting multiple technical areas
- Excellent written communication skills - can organize complex materials and concepts in a manner that is clear and logical
- Excellent verbal communication skills - clear, concise, persuasive; builds consensus through speaking; polished, professional style
- Some travel is required
- Ability to obtain a TS/SCI and eligibility for SAP
- An advanced degree in Systems Engineering, System Architecting, Aerospace Engineering, or a related field
- An excellent personal technical reputation and a record of personal technical achievement in Development Planning, Architecting, or Demonstration and Validation
- Experience with military utility analysis
- National Space experience a plus
- Experience with Aerospace budgets, STE management and personnel management
- Technical depth in multiple space mission areas
Requisition ID: 40927.