Reporting to the Director of Operations Engineering, this position will manage and support multiple complex capital projects related to new technologies, automated equipment and controls systems. Support CI initiatives within manufacturing locations. Responsibilities heavily emphasize capital equipment project development and execution and managing these projects with the discipline and tools of a formalized project management process. Capable of managing multiple projects that impact multiple facilities.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Effectively manage activities with an emphasis on safety, quality, productivity, timing, and budget allowances of the project.
- Follow a formalized project management process and employ the appropriate tools to support flawless execution of capital projects.
- Develop robust project plans, gain cross functional alignment and deliver per plan.
- Work with Procurement and OEM’s to properly specify, procure, accept, install and validate capital equipment.
- Direct and manage activities of plant staff and external contractors to safely execute the project.
- Support productivity and cost reduction projects. Assist with the implementation of best practices.
- Perform feasibility studies and special operations and manufacturing projects as directed by the Director Operations Engineering.
- Work with the VP Operations, Operations Engineering Directors, Plant Managers, and Plant staff, along with corporate R & D, Commercial teams, and Finance staff to develop feasibility studies and mutually agreeable implementation plans which meet cost and timing criteria.
- Communicate and resolve technical, timing and budgetary issues related to projects as they arise. Publish weekly project status reports outlining projects status and issues.
- Communicate with plants on a regular basis to understand long term project performance and support resolution of plant issues.
- Understand plant infrastructure, molding machines and related equipment, as well as requirements for changes and upgrades to improve safety, quality and overall efficiency.
- Analyze the business, performance, and cost capabilities and limitations of new, proposed, or existing equipment. Includes evaluation of machinery, equipment, tooling, work flow, and vendors.
- Communicate and resolve technical, timing, and budgetary issues related to projects as they arise.
- Publish regular status reports outlining project status and issues.
- Develop and manage task lists, timelines and resources for completion of projects.
- Flexible work schedule and 50% travel potentially required.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in a technical or engineering field
- Minimum of (5) years engineering and manufacturing experience, including formalized project management experience. Knowledge of plant layouts and infrastructure equipment. Proven experience managing multiple resources and complex projects.
- Previous experience with Stretch Blow, ISB & EBM and plastics manufacturing/engineering strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills required to communicate technical and financial information and to complete project assignments on time and within approved budgets.
- Knowledge and demonstrated use of project management processes, tools & techniques.
- Strong management, communication, and people skills to influence and manage multiple cross-functional resources, most of which do not report to the project engineer.
- Strong financial, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- PLC and Robotic Programming knowledge.