The role is focused on the design and development of Electric Vehicle propulsion solutions. The primary responsibility is to design, develop, test and release e-mobility propulsion solutions.
- Develop "clean sheet" designs and design modifications using sound engineering principles, GD&T and tolerance stacks
- Perform engineering calculations: bolted joints, press fits, general sizing and life calculations
- Direct and collaborate with CAD designers to develop new product concepts
- Develop Bill of Materials
- Design new parts in CAD and review FEA results and make design judgements: may include cast housings, shafts, bearings, small machined components, etc.
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of new designs and modifications to components and sub-systems
- Support and solve component deviation requests, durability and other field issues
- Determine appropriate DVP&R level to validate the product and execute to completion by initiating Test Requests, supporting data review and interpretation and thorough review of Test Reports.
- Support DFMEA, PFMEA activity and assessment to Best Practices to guide product design; including either generation of new or modification of existing
- Develop a solid understanding of the manufacturing aspects of design and provide manufacturing support
- Work with suppliers, Purchasing and Supplier Quality Engineers to support cost reductions, sourcing, design changes, etc.
- Work with internal Advanced Analysis group as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5+ years of product design and development experience
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical systems
- Proficient in 3D CAD Tools
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical ability
- Ability to read drawings and blueprints.