- Ferndale, WA
Alcoa Corporation is a global industry leader in the production of bauxite, alumina and aluminum, enhanced by a strong portfolio of value-added cast and rolled products and substantial energy assets. Alcoa Corporation draws on the innovation culture, customer relationships and strong brand of ParentCo. Previously known as the Aluminum Company of America, ParentCo pioneered the aluminum industry 128 years ago with the discovery of the first commercial process for the affordable production of aluminum. Since the discovery, Alcoa aluminum was used in the Wright brothers’ first flight (1903), ParentCo helped produce the first aluminum-sheathed skyscraper (1952), the first all-aluminum vehicle frame (1994) and the first aluminum beer bottle (2004).
Today, Alcoa Corporation extends this heritage of product and process innovation as it strives to continuously redefine world-class operational performance at its locations, while partnering with its customers across its range of global products. We believe that the lightweight capabilities and enhanced performance attributes that aluminum offers across a number of end markets are in increasingly high demand and underpin strong growth prospects for Alcoa Corporation.
Alcoa Corporation’s operations encompass all major production processes in the primary aluminum industry value chain, which we believe provides Alcoa Corporation with a strong platform from which to serve our customers in each critical segment.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Position has responsibility for coordination of all technical and administrative activities on assigned mechanical projects. Plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates assigned engineering work; monitors work for compliance toapplicable codes, accepted engineering practices, and Alcoa standards; ensures effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between all disciplines and all other project participants.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
Responsible and accountable to ensure that all contractors, assignedpersonnel, schedule, and budget are performing within mechanical projecttargets, and that the requirements of the Contract are being satisfied. Not responsible to ensure the technical accuracy of specific design details in areas where not qualified. Expected however, to have sufficient technical knowledge and awareness of details to be able to recognize when technical problems are developing in the various disciplines and could potentially affect project targets, and to initiate appropriate corrective actions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Accountable for the successful completion of capital and expense engineering projects.
• Responsible for all stage-gates of assigned capital projects upon receipt of a proper business case from a department asset owner and must build and maintain the capital RFA (request for authorization) per company policies
• Responsible to create SOW (scope of work) and coordinate RFQ (request for quote) with procurement, coordinate Job Hazard and Job Safety Analysis paperwork with contractor safety coordinator, collect recommended spare parts lists/details, collect recommended maintenance documentation, expected uptime/operational availability data, coordinate document control and drawing creation/update for the project, and coordinate technical training for project hand-overs
• Responsible to select appropriate vendors per Alcoa policies and procedures and to award contracts via approved procurement procedures
• Responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating the technical and management aspects of projects.
• Requires extensive regular contact with assigned project clients.
• Assist in the preparation of certain technical business cases
• Budget and schedule monitoring and tracking
• Oversee and coordinate project demolition, installation, commissioning, testing, and training (including training materials), as well as coordinate fixed asset disposition with accounting, and approve invoicing and close out contracts and projects in approved Alcoa process
• Participating in client/contractor meetings and resolving client/engineering and management project
• Review and approve project change orders and process updates tocontracts with procurement
• Ensure effective engineering and Client communications.
• Ensure project documentation is tracked, updated, organized, and handed to document control for processing
• Uphold Alcoa’s values in all aspects of work to Act with Integrity, Operate with Excellence, and Care for People
• Strive for and maintain a 0-incident safety record with all projects and uphold Intalco’s EHS principles of safety
• The successful candidate works well in a fast-paced environment and can handle multiple requests coming from a variety of sources. This individual willbe very organized, makes important decisions in a timely manner, will have a strong technical aptitude, respects protocols, policies, and standards, and is willing to work the necessary hours required to complete projects within defined constraints.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering, and five or more years of experience with engineering project management on moderate to complex technical projects in a manufacturing or industrial environment or equivalent combination of education, training and experience. A strong understanding of Windows-based PC systems and Microsoft Office365 applications. This position requires you to be able to lift up to 40 lbs, work in all weather conditions, coordinate aspects of electrical projects, and act as the go-to technical resource for electrical inquiries for the plant. Must be willing to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE, i.e. hard hat, safety glasses, ear plugs, safety boots, etc.) anytime workrequires you to enter areas of the plant where PPE is required.
Preferred: Mechanical PE License or Electrical PE License