The project engineer is responsible for the design, software and graphic user interface development of the integrated building automation and energy management system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review scope of work, contract drawings and specifications to generate plans for installation of Building Automation and Energy Management System.
- Gather all technical information to develop drawings and all other documents required for submission.
- Ability to work and coordinate with project team to plan, schedule and prioritize work.
- Work with engineering support staff to develop control system drawings, equipment schedules, control sequence, floor plans and graphics.
- Develop system database, custom programs and graphics as required to meet the design intent.
- Support commissioning/installation team as necessary to insure proper installation and performance of the system.
- Coordinate with commissioning/installation team to document field changes and compile project closeout documents.
- Archive all project documents per company standards upon completion of the project.
- Coordinate with contractors and equipment suppliers as necessary to develop an Integrated Energy Management and Control System design.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documentation, including a sequence of operations, technical product literature, programming manuals and specifications.
- Knowledge of building mechanical and electrical equipment functions and use, HVAC system control applications, control system hardware and software products.
- Knowledge of standard building automation system communication network protocols such as BACnet, Modbus and LON.
- B.S. Degree in mechanical or electrical engineering.
- 5+ Years of complex Energy Management and Control System Design.
- Product specific training in Automated Logic, Alerton, Delta Controls, Johnson Controls, Siemens, Schneider Electric, Tridium or any other industry leaders in Building Automation Industry a plus.