Our client is seeking an experienced Project Engineer for a job located near Aiken, SC. The Project Engineer performs routine field and office assignments with supervision and oversight from the Project Manager or their designee and provides support to the Project Manager or Project Director in project administration, quality, safety, invoicing/financial tracking, contract management and project data management.
Responsibilities of the Project Engineer
- Coordinate and facilitate all Project Engineering aspects of assigned projects.
- Manage construction quality control program. Ensure compliance with plans and specifications.
- Assist with coordinating and managing subcontractors.
- Prepare project submittals as required. Oversee process and submittal tracking system.
- Oversee and manage project design elements as required. Prepare/oversee all built project deliverables as required.
- Provide oversight of all aspects of the construction work as required to verify that the work is finished and installed in accordance with the Subcontract Documents
- Assist project team in completing remediation and construction activities in a safe, cost effective and timely manner.
- Coordinate all required inspection and testing activities. Approve inspection and testing documentation.
- Verify that the required inspections and test are performed in accordance with the Project QAPP
- Enforcement of all company policies and procedures, including health & safety.
- Quality assurance tracking, receiving and reporting.
- Works well under pressure meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines.
- Safety support and planning work with Health and Safety Personnel.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements of the Project Engineer
- Must have a current South Carolina Professional Engineering certificate or able to obtain PE reciprocity in South Carolina.
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with a wide variety of individuals in person, via telephone and in writing. Excellent customer relations skills.
- Ability to work independently and resolve practical problems, keeping all appropriate parties aware of issues or risks. Have a strong work ethic.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills including the use of the Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Project Scheduling.
- Understand basic behavior based safety programs and enforce company’s safety policies.
- Must meet travel expectations.
- Must meet medical requirements of the job site.
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex engineering problems plus communicate/interface with all level of personnel.
- Design and/or construction oversight experience of earthwork and stormwater drainage projects.
- Knowledgeable in the principles and practice of erosion and sediment controls.
Education and Experience
- Baccalaureate Degree in CivilEngineering, or related discipline.
- Five (5) or more years of heavy construction and/or remediation experience.
Compensation for the Project Engineer
- Salary for the Project Engineer$100,000 - $109,999
More information about the job
Is Relocation Available? Yes, nationwide
Is there a bonus structure? 12%
Are you open to sponsorship? No
This position is: Backfill
Is there a possibility to work remote? No
Is there equity? No
Are there flexible work hours? No
Does this position have direct reports? No
Who does this position report to? Project Manager
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?
1. Candidates must have a South Carolina P.E.
2. Must have a minimum of 5 yearsexperience in construction oversight of earthwork, storm water drainage projects and erosion/sediment control.
3. Must be willing to relocate to Aiken, South Carolina or the surrounding area.
What are the nice-to-have skills?
- This is not a "design" position. The project engineer will spend up to 75% of their time in the field.
- Should be familiar with AutoCAD Civil 3D and surveying.