The PE is also responsible for program technical performance that extends beyond the "Engineering" functions, to ensuring technical compliance within the total operations activities (i.e. extends to the interfaces of manufacturing and HD&L). In addition, Project Engineers are the key technical interfaces to Customers and have the responsibility/opportunity to interact with Customers at every phase of our program lifecycles.
PEs can be assigned to Programs of Record and/or Program proposal/pursuit activities.
Bachelor Degree with a minimum of nine (9) years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced technical or management degrees desired.
Experience with the one or more of the following areas is required:
- Aero Design – (Electrical; Mechanical; Structural)
- Hardware Development
- Software Development
- Systems Engineering
- Leadership - Task or IPT Leader and/or Functional Management
Experience with the following is a plus:
- Entire Program/Engineering Life Cycle Phases and Activities
- Aircraft Modification and Modernization
- Requirements Management
- Proposal Development
- Architecting airborne mission system configurations to meet customer needs
- Aircraft integration expertise in coordinating integration and test plans of multiple mission and non-mission systems on airborne platforms
- Aircraft logistical sustainment and in-the-field aircraft modification experience
- Subcontract technical requirements management
- Subcontract technical oversight