STV, Inc. currently is seeking a Project Electrical Engineer based out of our Philadelphia or Douglassville, PA Office for our Building & Facilities division. STV, Inc. specializes in the planning, organization, and development of engineering activities for the construction and renovation of building structures and facilities. Responsible for planning and conducting work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application, and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. Also responsible for devising new approaches to problems and preparing or modifying drawings, specifications, calculations, reports and studies, and performing work in compliance to applicable codes, and accepted engineering practices.
Our Engineers work on high quality, high-profile, national and international projects. The projects are for industrial, institutional, educational and government clients. You will actively participate in the full project cycle, from the design phase through the final construction close-out.
- Service utility coordination
- Power distribution
- Fire alarm
- Low voltage systems and infrastructure
- Emergency power systems
- Calculations – Lighting, short circuit, coordination and arc-flash
- Coordination with city and state permitting agencies
- Construction administration
- Project Management
- Attend client meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- 10 years’ experience designing electrical systems for the built environment. Project experience submitted for consideration should include buildings and facilities on which you have actively participated in the project from the design phase through the final construction close-out.
- Strong working knowledge of building and energy codes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on the ability to organize and present design information to clients.
- Special consideration will be given to those candidates who have successfully demonstrated innovative design experience specifically related to renewable energies and sustainable, high performing buildings.
- P.E. License is required, PA P.E. is preferred
- LEED AP certification is preferred
- Working knowledge of Revit is preferred