As the Project Sponsor you will have overall accountability for one or more projects and play a key leadership role as the representative for Kiewit ensuring our projects are delivered on time, on budget and continue to surpass client expectations.
• Championing the project and getting buy in on project throughout the organization
• Successfully launching the project ensuring business need is validated and correctly prioritized
• Ensuring the project organization, roles and reporting structure and key deliverables are established
• Being the liaison between the project, the business community and the management group
• Overseeing the project to ensure it remains a viable business proposition, changes are managed and risks are assessed
• Initiating project reviews and supporting the process of review with project team
• Providing business expertise and guidance to the Project Manager and help with key decisions that may be beyond the authority of the Project Manager
• Acting as an arbitrator resolving project issues and conflicts such as competition for resources, priority clashes etc.
• Ensuring the implementation of Kiewit's strong safety and quality culture are integrated throughout project organization
• Stepping into the Project Manager position when needed
• At least 15+ years' related experience building or estimating heavy civil construction and infrastructure projects
• Ideally have a Bachelors Degree or Diploma in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or similar
• Experience leading multi-million dollar contracts, including ownership of operations, project administration, client relations and all other scopes relative to large construction projects
• Competent in the use of computer software applications used for project control and administration, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook