Typically under the direction of a Director/Senior Director/Executive Director, oversees and directs multiple international projects concurrently. Accountable for project execution to include managing project leaders and teams, developing and managing budgets, timelines, and quality guidelines for projects, thereby ensuring that expectations are met while identifying and mitigating risks. The Project Director is accountable for oversight of project communications, scope, schedule, cost, quality and stakeholders. They ensure that variance from project plans is proactively mitigated and client expectations are met by the team. The Project Director also ensures accurate documentation for the project, with timely data updates that are high quality. They supervise and assess the performance of the core team members and motivate, train and develop the team's expertise. They ensure efficient and effective day-to-day operations, while maintaining good relationships with sponsors. The Project Director may also have line management and / or business development responsibilities.
- University/college degree (life science preferred) or certification in a related allied health profession (i.e. nursing, medical or laboratory technology) from an appropriately accredited institution.
- Masters or other advanced degree.
- PMP certification.
- Minimum of 9 years relevant clinical research experience in a pharmaceutical company/CRO, including at least 4 years of full project management responsibility.
- In lieu of the above requirement, candidates with > six years supervisory experience in a health care setting and >seven years clinical research experience including four years of project management experience in the pharmaceutical or CRO industries will be considered
- Experience in managing complex programs with significant financial value and complicated structure, multiple vendors and/or sub-CROs and Academic Research Organizations in a virtual environment.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing priorities.
- Working knowledge of ICH Guidelines and GCP including international regulatory requirements for the conduct of clinical development programs.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire effective teamwork and motivate staff within a matrix system.
- Demonstrated ability to lead by example and to encourage team members to seek solutions independently.
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills.
- Good computer skills with good working knowledge of a range of computer programs.
Job Number 2018-20734