Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures.
What you will be doingUnder general direction of a senior-level Project Director or Operations Director responsible for the overall management of the analytical design detailed design and execution according to an established project charter of one to two projects at one time which can range in size complexity and cross functional involvement. The projects will be for ABC subsidiaries or its trading partners and examples of the type of projects includes new facility design and construction rework of existing facilities new system and/or process implementations across multiple sites.
- Works closely with local and regional distribution management teams Human Resources Information Technology Division Operations Finance Real Estate other ABC corporate functions and external trading partner teams if applicable to assist in the development of a project charter and manages project design and implementation plans according to the guidelines established in the project charter.
- Manages overall project budgets and time lines to include capital equipment and external contracting support requirements.
- Manages the development of supplier specifications supports the contractual negotiations and oversees the execution of the plans outlined in the contracts.
- Manages internal ABC resources consultants and other outsourced resources that perform work associated with items such as material handling design systems design building design and construction.
- Coordinates with other internal project teams to ensure alignment.
- Prepares on-going progress reports regarding progress against project plans and budgets.
- Assists in the preparation of capital expenditure projects.
- Responsible for project completion including construction/installation inspection testing training and start up.
- May directly manage ABC associates that work on the projects which include expense report review performance evaluations goal setting and review etc.
- Willing to travel up to 75% of the time.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
What your background should look like (minimum qualifications)Requires training and experience in fields such as business administration engineering accountancy sales marketing logistics computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year bachelor's degree program or equivalent combination of experience and education. Normally requires a minimum of six (6) years directly related and progressively responsible experience; Engineering or other Technical Degree required.
- Thorough knowledge understanding and experience in fundamental warehouse design material handling equipment and systems; knowledge of warehouse operations management and systems functionality
- Demonstrated project management and leadership skills for multiple large capital projects .
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; ability to communicate (and work) effectively with people from different technical and business backgrounds acting as a liaison understanding and appreciating different perspectives and translating into terms necessary for any group or individual to understand.
- Ability to lead dynamically and energize multidiscipline work teams to learn and apply new skills and techniques to respond to business needs
- Good analytical conceptual and problem solving skills to evaluate business problems and apply knowledge to identify appropriate solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation skills; ability to present and discuss strategies and technical information in a manner that establishes rapport persuades others and establishes understanding for technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to resolve issues effectively and efficiently
- Proficiency with project management tools such as Microsoft Project Excel Access databases Word and AutoCad
- Prior experience in either consulting Six-Sigma Lean Manufacturing or Kaizen is beneficial.
What AmerisourceBergen offersWe offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
- Healthcare for associates and eligible dependents, same-sex and domestic partners
- Paid time off, including vacations and holidays
- Paid volunteer time off
- Life insurance and disability protection
- Pet insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Retirement benefits and more…
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.
About AmerisourceBergenAmerisourceBergen is a publicly traded Fortune 10 global healthcare solutions company and is one of the world's largest pharmaceutical services companies. Powered by our associates around the world, we provide pharmaceutical products and business solutions that improve access to care. We operate the backbone of the healthcare supply chain. We drive the future of local care delivery. We guide medical innovations to market. We create healthier futures.