The Project Director of D&C will report to a Sr. Director of D&C located at a regional office. The Project Director will interface regularly with HMSHost central support staff and key internal and external stakeholders. The Project Director has project specific responsibility for overseeing the planning and execution of all construction projects (Airports and Turnpikes) in a specific region in North America, whether new construction, renovation or expansion, as well as provide day-to-day management and leadership of a professional team of consultants. This Director provides strategic support to HMSHost Restaurant Development, Business Development and Operations' teams for, brand conversions, reinvestment projects, lease extensions, mid-term remodels, Operational support spaces and other assigned activities. He/She will provide tactical guidance to ensure projects are successfully completed on time, and within budget and according to the company's capital policy and procedures.
Additionally, he/she will work closely with the Sr. Director, Design and Construction to develop strategies and establish tactical procedures to suit specific regional issues and variances. The Project Director, will be expected to drive capital accountability, forecasting, savings and efficiency for each project; manage capital spending and approved budgets; ensure timely delivery of all capital projects; monitor project quality/scope; and build a strong, committed local team of third party consultants, project managers, contractors etc..
The Project Director is responsible for the day-to-day management and development of the individual projects that are assigned in their Region including resource allocation, financial authority and negotiating and contracting resources for the project. The Project Director is a critical support function and will require enhanced communication, cooperation and teaming between the corporate office and the field.
• Act as the single point of contact for the delivery phase of the project or program during the construction phase of the project delivery process.
• Work closely with the Director of Architecture during the Construction Documents phase of the project to ensure constructability and adherence to budget.
• Ensure compliance to construction documents and specifications on the part of all contractors and vendors providing services to the construction project.
• Work closely in association with the cost estimator to achieve accurate cost plans at each stage of the development of the concept.
• Specific accountabilities and duties include: up to date project capex forecasting , manage turnover dates, procure permits, attend pre-con meetings, and attend authority meetings.
• Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local regulatory agency required guidelines.
• Establish and manage communication protocols with all internal and external parties.
• Develop meeting and project schedules.
• Act as the key liaison with the team and key outside stakeholders for all construction-related issues.
• Develop, review and monitor the program schedule with the general contractor and team to ensure expectations are achieved.
• Develop and manage the delivery process, including agreement of the change order protocol, with all project team members.
• Manage and supervise the collection of data related to the delivery co-ordination, hand-over, punch-listing and close out process.
• Facilitate progress updates with appointed contractors and suppliers.
• Ensure that all the necessary requirements are fulfilled in the completion of the punch-listing process including resolution of defects and all required re-inspections..
• Review and manage the development of needed technical solutions with the work team to ensure Restaurant Development expectations are achieved.
• Liaise with the cost estimator on site specific cost tracking & reporting
• Organize and lead all site and progress-related meetings.
• Provide weekly summary reports for senior-level management.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment:
• Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or related field.
• Minimum of 5 years in construction and project management, experience in restaurant and retail facilities within commercial airports and motorways is preferred.
• Must be comfortable managing many simultaneous projects.
• Must be able to travel up to 50%, including unlimited US travel and ability to travel to Canada (passport required).
• Depending on projects, must be flexible to work long hours and weekends, including holidays. Regular attendance is required.
• Ability to operate and execute effectively in a high-performance environment within a collegial atmosphere.
• Effective at managing and resolving conflict with peers, clients, contractors. Must be able to successfully work and manage to high urgency environments.
• The Project Director will have the ability to integrate and use next generation systems and technology. Have excellent familiarity of PM FTP tools.
• Requires strong computer skills including Excel and Microsoft Project or equal.
• Ability to pass and maintain security pass clearings and other job related background checks.