The Project Director manages the CEO office to ensure short and long-term goals and projects are accomplished according to established timeframes and budget parameters. This leader manages the planning, preparation, execution and documentation of key initiatives, events, and meetings for the CEO, Executive Team, and Board of Trustees. The Project Director provides the primary support to the CEO and Board of Trustees on all matters of governance.
- Manages all activities of the CEO’s Office.
- Ensures that CEO is fully prepared for all aspects of meetings and events.
- Proactively manages CEO’s calendar and priorities to leverage time most efficiently. Works with the assigned Executive Assistant to CEO to ensure accuracy, coordination, and prioritization of the calendar.
- Supports the CEO with integrated System calendar, Responds to emails and voice mails on behalf of the CEO. Handles and directs questions, concerns, and requests on behalf of CEO with special attention to VIP requests.
- Serves as liaison with Communications teams regarding all internal and external CEO communications.
- Serves as a liaison with senior leadership, ensuring information flow to and from the executive office, via all types of venues (forums, correspondence, speeches, conferences, retreats, etc.).
- Oversees the operations and budget of the executive office.
- Serves as primary resource for all Governance matters in close coordination with General Counsel.
- Executive Team support
- Maintains and fosters strong trusting relationships with Executive Team and their administrative liaisons.
- Establishes and maintains annual Executive Team meeting schedule in conjunction with various department initiatives and meetings.
- Coordinates distribution of meeting agendas and materials in advance of meetings.
- Documents Executive Team meeting minutes and follow-up actions.
- Ensures Executive Team performance goals are developed, documented, and monitored throughout the year. Manages internal and external correspondence, annual performance process for CEO and direct reports.
- Board of Trustees support
- Serves as the Assistant Corporate Secretary for Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Board of Trustees and its Affiliate Boards with oversight of governance process.
- Partner with General Counsel to ensure annual requirements are met in accordance with bylaws and established governance policies.
- Manages preparation for all Board meetings and ensures materials are posted before the meetings. Plans and organizes Board Retreats.
- Serves CEO in Board planning, class and competency needs, and prospect lists to continually prepare for the future.
- Serves as point of contact for Board members. Distribute meeting materials and meeting minutes.
- Develops orientation and ongoing training of Board members, facilitating governance process to include all Board and committee meeting activities, and advancing individual trustee relationships and involvement.
- Special Projects
- Coordinates work streams across organization to ensure projects and strategies are threaded.
- Develops, recommends, and implements action plans, oversees project teams, and/or performs other project management duties as necessary to ensure successful completion of assigned projects within specified timeframes.
- Provides regular updates on project progress to CEO and Executive Team ensuring completion and desired results.
- 7 – 10 years of experience in healthcare or consulting, with progressively increasing responsibilities.
- Must have experience directly supporting senior most leadership at a large, complex organization.
- Experience with corporate governance.
Bachelor’s degree in business, healthcare administration, finance, legal, or related field.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Working knowledge of non-for-profit governance models and the healthcare industry.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills used to develop CEO-level presentations.
- Excellent organizational skills to proactively manage the CEO’s time, scheduling, priorities, goals, and management of executive team.
- Demonstrated financial skills in budget preparation, business case development, and fiscal management.
- Expert level proficiency in PowerPoint. High level of proficiency in use of Microsoft Office Excel and Word.
- Strong executive presence—able to represent the CEO/CAO offices to all stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to be influential and build relationships with key internal and external stakeholders. Proven ability to build partnering relationships with senior executive team memebers and their offices.
- Highest level of partnering skills. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with employees at all levels.
- Must be able to function in dynamic environment subject to impromptu changes in schedules, priorities, and project scope.
- Proactive and planful—able to anticipate CEO needs in advance and in the moment. Proven ability to create and track detailed project plans to deliver results.
- The highest level of detail orientation—natural ability to ensure materials are developed at the highest quality with accuracy and precision.
- Ability to remain calm and drive for results during high stress situations.
- High level of drive, determination, and flexibility.
- Excellent demonstrated judgement and diplomacy in working with diverse groups to address issues.
- High aptitude for emotional intelligence and people skills.
- Unquestioned level of personal integrity and confidentiality. Proven good judgment and discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or Healthcare Administration.
- Paralegal certification is preferred.