Equinix is one of the fastest growing data center companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. That's why we're always looking for creative and forward-thinking people who can help us achieve our goal of global interconnection. With 200 data centers in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home to the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations and complex cloud and application solutions.
At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more reliably. We hire talented people who thrive on solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success and it's our authentic, humble, gritty people who create The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything we do.
- Deliver software engineering projects.
- Manage software releases with key stakeholders like product manager, engineering manager, QA Lead, SRE/DevOps Lead, Network Architects, program manager, etc.
- Ability to identify and communicate issues proactively to a wide range of stakeholders
- Accountable for quality implementation on projects in the following areas: Project risk management; Critical path analysis; Scenario creation and analysis; Robust planning
- Creates, coordinates and maintains integrated project plans in Project & Portfolio Mgmt.
- Identifies gaps, potential bottlenecks or delays, challenges assumptions and proposes options to close gaps and get projects back on schedule
- Guides and manages preparation for project milestone reviews
- Manages meetings to include setting agendas, organizing meeting time and meeting minutes
- Consistently executes project management processes, and may lead improvement initiatives
- Follows best practices in project teams and fosters continuous improvement by sharing knowledge and continuous exchange
- Work with external software product and service vendors to manage software delivery
- Manage software delivery using Agile project management methodology and use Jira to track progress
- Diploma to a Bachelor's degree preferred in science, engineering OR equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 10+ years of experience preferred in project management, product development and/or relevant experience in software domain
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Problem solving skills and ability to coordinate project related activities
- Basic stakeholder management and facilitation skills
- Ability to manage projects with ambitious milestones
- Ability to escalate and drive management decisions in relation to project execution and resource needs
- Understanding of relevant Design Control and/or Phased Development processes preferred
- Managing Successful Programs Foundation certification preferred
- Project Management specific training and/or certification preferred
- Proficient in Project & Portfolio Management Tool
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.