The Project Director for Finance and Administration Decision Support Services plans and directs the project management and high level technical aspects of Financial and Administrative related Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence design and development for the University of Rochester Medical Center, supporting the institution’s Strategic Plan and missions -- education, research, patient care. Will direct a team of decision support developers and analysts to provide a variety of data warehouse services, custom programming and interfaces; developers work collaboratively to implement sophisticated data solutions to improve the efficiency of business processes and support employee productivity, satisfaction and collaboration.
Leadership, Supervision, & Project Management
Builds a strong, creative, and highly functioning team that is flexible while constantly learning and values their work environment.
- Champions and gains commitment around ISD’s values, mission, vision, and goals
- Leads team development by identifying learning opportunities and supportive educational solutions.
- Manages and prioritizes team activities and projects while continually prioritizing based on URMC needs and objectives related to strategic direction for organization via SharePoint.
- Hires, evaluates and motivates ISD Decision Support Services team members, initiating commendation or disciplinary actions as required. Incorporates retention strategies for highly qualified Decision Support Services staff members
- Provides input in the development of the operations and capital budgets.
- Manages contract workers as needed to augment and deliver appropriate services
- Delegates work according to skills and experience.
- Provide leadership role and liaison between various business units and Information Systems Division related to data and reporting needs.
- Perform project management role facilitating customer’s request for data or services and updating management with appropriate status updates and issues with focus on follow through on tasks and projects.
- Provide management of staff resources for administrative and project purposes.
- Educate and guide customers as to appropriateness, feasibility and process related to data access and usage.
- Manage Medical Center Wide Decision Support system integrating diagnostic, procedural, billing, financial and utilization data for multi-hospital system related to infrastructure, interfacing and application expertise for business and regulatory processes.
- Understand and adhere to applicable institutional policies governing the protection, access and usage of data as the data custodian of the financial data warehouse.
- Provide appropriate oversight and adherence to departmental change management process and associated documentation.
Demonstrate excellent Decision Support technical skills and act as a resource for staff learning and problem resolution.
- Maintains technical expertise and management of Decision Support development and production environments.
- Keeps abreast of BI and Data Warehousing trends, new technologies, their relationship to URMC initiatives, and any potential for improving URMC Financial and Administrative DSS environment.
- Works closely with ISD Infrastructure Team to design and maintain high-reliability physical infrastructure for Financial and Administrative Decision Support structures.
Data Warehousing Development
Oversees Financial and Administrative data warehouse development that enhances the efficiency of business processes and improves employee productivity.
- Works collaboratively with director to set goals, priorities, policies and standards for the URMC Financial and Administrative BI and Data Warehousing.
- Meets with department administrators to promote use of DSS technologies in achieving departmental and organization objectives.
- Guides and gains cooperation on DSS standards and governance and use of DSS technologies with URMC departments.
- Assesses and resolves issues relating to resource requirements for personnel, staff development, equipment and facilities, and end-user training.
- Obtains acceptance, consent, and action from diverse groups contributing to projects.
- Prepares costs analysis, budget recommendations, staffing requests and other documentation to reflect the needs of meeting ISD strategic objectives related to Financial and Administrative DSS, financial data warehousing and BI development.
Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in Computer Science or Information Technology, or related field, and 4-5 years management experience in a relevant position; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.