Description: Provide high-level professional operational and technical coordination of large complex research studies including national, multi-site program grants. Under direction of senior investigators and investigators, oversee the design, implementation, and day-to-day operations of research, demonstration, and evaluation projects. Train CHR, KP delivery system, and external institution personnel including clinicians: physicians, nurses, dentists and other medical professionals in research protocols. Identify research opportunities for multi-site trials. This position is considered as Key Personnel on federal grants.
- Direct large complex research studies including national multi-site program grants. Responsibilities include protocol development, project implementation and changes across CHR/ KP departments, other institutions. Oversee the development of research project timeline, procedures, forms, scripts, manuals, and tracking systems. Disseminate protocol across multiple institutions and train CHR and external institution personnel including clinicians and project staff. Responsible for identifying study opportunities for KP clinicians and train clinical personnel in protocol implementation. Direct the administrative, technical and scientific day-to-day operation of the study to assure project goals and timelines are met, quality data is collected and managed, and to assure participant and/or data confidentiality. Select appropriate computer programs to assist in data collection, tracking, ordering laboratory tests or procedures, or communication, such as RRS, Health Connect, study specific programs, PAS, and other computer software as needed. Develop a high functioning project team that supports the project goals and objectives. Leadership role in regional and national project meetings and conference calls with the knowledge and skill to fully represent the Principal Investigator on steering committee and study calls.
- Supervise project staff and direct a diverse set of research activities on two or more large research projects or on a program of research with multiple components. Develop annual goals directly related to project objectives across multiple staff.
- Participate in translating specific research questions into appropriate functional and analytic designs and protocols and operationalizing conceptual variables; at the direction of the investigator, take lead responsibility for translating a specific research question into an appropriate analytic design and operationalizing selected variables; create, or assist in the creation of, new health-related intervention.
- Develop new tools and best practices for implementing national research protocols and disseminate these tools to CHR community. Provide consult to scientists on protocol development and intervention design for proposal submissions.
- Minimum twelve (12) years of relevant research experience.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in social, behavioral, medical, or health services research.
- Minimum two (2) years of administrative and management experience.
- Master's degree in in a social, behavioral, health services, or other medical or public health field appropriate to the specific field of research required by the position or six (6) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
Job Number: 668029