Duties and Responsibilities:
- Secure new seismic data acquisition projects with customers onshore US
- Project Idea Generation including:
- Defining the geoscience, petroleum system and prospect rationale for a region, area or project.
- Interpretation or coordination of Interpretation work performed by the Geoscience Team
- Prepare and deliver Technical support documentation for customers
- Creating technical material to support the TGS Management project approval process
- Research long term potential in the area based on land position, probable land turnover, and potential additional participants/customers in the area.
- Strategic portfolio building:
- Work closely with your manager to ensure that TGS is the key data provider in a given geographical area.
- Further develop business in the assigned area leveraging our superior database to develop:
- Multi-client 3D opportunities
- Reprocessing and Depth Imaging
- Potential Field projects which could lead to establishment of new hub areas
- Identify potential derivative products to be provided by other Internal Service Groups
- Develop good working relationships with clients and take ownership in developing client specific project needs fulfilled through MC product offerings.
- Provide geoscience input into the internal seismic processing workflow through communication with QC Processing and Data Processing.
- Participate in setting and achieving sales goals for the newly delivered projects.
- Build relationships of trust with key personnel in all existing major accounts & feedback to sales and BD.
- Be proactive in identifying potential business in new major oil or service companies.
- Attend relevant industry exhibitions and conferences to represent and promote Company business.
- Actively support company personnel, safety and ethics policies.
- Additional duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- Minimum of nine (9) years in Seismic Exploration
- Bachelor’s Degree in GeoScience (Geology or Geophysics) or related field
- Strong US network and key relationships with Senior VPs/Decision Makers within US E&P customer base.
- Ability to negotiate a deal to closure with a deadline with limited supervision.
- Hands on experience with the full seismic lifecycle - Land Seismic Acquisition/ Seismic Processing / Interpretation / Reservoir Exploitation/Completion
- A detailed understanding/experience with Land Seismic Acquisition Technology and Techniques.
- A good understanding of Land Survey design and how this impacts cost vs product.
- A solid understanding of all aspects of Seismic Imaging/Processing from Field Tapes through to Reservoir products.
- Understanding of the Geology and Interpretation in the US onshore industry including unconventional reservoir exploitation
- Strong analytical, financial and presentation skills are required.
- Experience in oil and gas industry
- Previous experience in the US market place and strong network of clients
- Strong track records of sales
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to develop good, trustworthy working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Commercial understanding through education and/or work experience.
- Enthusiastic and ambitious, strong desire to accomplish results and develop oneself and the team.
- Initiative and self-drive to generate and communicate project ideas to management.
- Strong and dedicated professional, able to present to customers.
- Be flexible regarding traveling and work hours when work load requires an extra effort.
- A team player with a strong belief in the value of knowledge sharing.
- An individual with very strong analytical skills, who can understand complex problems/issues, yet is also creative; can think “outside the box”
- Must have a combination of flexibility, creativity, conceptual skills and judgment
- Analytical and effective problem solver with strong strategic capabilities.
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing, with proficiency in English.