Tesla Energy Project Development Engineer
The Tesla Energy team is bringing battery technology to the grid to facilitate a renewable energy ecosystem and increase grid reliability. Tesla is leveraging its breakthrough powertrain technology and manufacturing scale to develop and deploy grid connected storage at residential, industrial, and utility scales. As a member of our team, you will shape the direction of our products. You must have a genuine passion for engineering products that will fundamentally change the world’s energy infrastructure, and thrive working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. As a member of our team, you will help to shape the success of our projects in various applications worldwide. You must have a genuine passion for engineering products that will fundamentally change the world’s energy infrastructure and must want to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Be a key technical member of a cross functional team that focuses on evaluating, defining and implementing strategies to develop stationary storage opportunities deploying Tesla’s technology in a variety of applications and markets. You will be responsible for managing and defining the technical development of a diverse set projects for a wide range of customers, managing all engineering activities to enable the successful deployment of these projects. There is a strong emphasis on experience with design and construction of large scale/utility projects with the flexibility to also handle smaller, complex, customized projects.
- Work cross-functionally to ensure all engineering activity is progressing as needed through the development and design life cycle of the project.
- Responsible for project development ownership and execution, which requires understanding/managing the scope, schedule, and expectations of all stakeholder and keeping all parties in sync.
- Support creation of comprehensive proposals for customers
- Review of technical specifications to verify compliance from a technology and project/plant design perspective
- Interface with internal customers (project managers, product engineers, sales team) and external customers (utilities, AHJs, contractors, end customers) to ensure consistent communication.
- Identify gaps in scope and responsibility to ensure project success. This requires a comprehensive understanding of engineering, construction, interconnection and permitting concepts, costs and rules of conduct.
- Generate single line drawings, communication wiring diagrams, and Powerpack system layouts for Powerpack projects.
- Otherresponsibilities may include assessing project sites, progressing the electrical interconnection study process, and pursuing local, state and federal permitting.
- Knowledge of basic design rules, constructability, permitting, utility requirements, and engineering fundamentals for utility scale as well as smaller complex projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in ElectricalEngineering or a related discipline
- 5years’ experience in solar PV system design, 3years’ experience in utility/large scale design and construction
- Strong CAD skills
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Ability to prioritize and execute many projects and tasks in parallel for individual and matrix organization
- Ability to work cross functionally with engineering, business development, and construction personnel