The Project Developer - Energy Services will develop solutions that will satisfy the technical and business needs of the customers of the Northern California (NorCal) and Pacific Northwest (PNW) Envise Branches in the Western US Region. You will create technical, financial, and sustainable solutions, and you will manage multiple projects resources to successfully complete the objectives and deliverables.
What you will do:
- Evaluate customer's existing mechanical, electrical, HVAC, and plumbing systems, and document energy performance information, including utility data and facility infrastructure drawings and blueprints
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Energy Services and the NorCal and PNW sales and operations teams in the development, sale, risk management, procurement and execution of the performance contracts, and identify and evaluate opportunities for energy conservation, efficiency, or renewable technology
- Assist engineering with design concepts and development activities in support of construction, operations, and maintenance of customer site projects, and document recommended ECMs.
- Provide technical guidance throughout development, construction, project commissioning, and operations, including proposals, reports, cost estimates, and presentations
- Coordinate with vendors and installation contractors for feasibility and pricing verification of proposed project modifications, and prepare financial models that include an understanding of ROI, life cycle costing and internal rate of return for the customer
What you will need to be successful:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Engineering (Mechanical, Energy, or Electrical), Business or a closely related field
- A minimum of 5 years energy engineering experience that included developing and supporting performance contract based projects and energy services
- Strong knowledge of HVAC, lighting, water-use, metering, and generation technologies, and performing energy audits, studies and overall energy analysis
- Ability to create and maintain relationships with customers, and to work collaboratively with multiple Envise teams.
- Solid financial planning and budget analysis to develop business case for customers and SI
- Excellent technical presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Must be able and willing to travel 50% of the time
Southland Industries understands that people are key to our success as a company. The people who work for us, the people we serve, and the people who live and work in the buildings we design and build.
If you're someone with a true passion for our industry, we're looking for you! At Southland, we seek people that don't just follow a career path, but blaze their own. People who want to apply innovation to their problem solving and embrace the concept of full collaboration between disciplines work at Southland. We appreciate the spirit of integrity and entrepreneurialism with which our people act, and have learned that the more opportunity we allow our employees, the greater the results. Each part of our business is interconnected and requires input from others, which has led to the collaborative setting from which we thrive.
We believe in building careers and supporting our people with what they need to grow and flourish. And we thrive on creating a strong company and culture where you'll feel supported, challenged and valued. As we move our company forward and serve our customers, we know it's essential to have the best people working for us. In fact, our best people don't just fit our culture, they inspire it! Don't be afraid to jump in, roll up your sleeves and get excited about making a difference at Southland.
We'll notice it
If you're ready for the next big step in your career and want the fast pace and excitement of a growing company, we want you now. Join our team and become a part of an organization that values work-life balance, community, and exceptional quality of work.
As an employee-owned company, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes excellent benefits for you and your family:
- 401(k) Plan with 50% Company Match (no cap) and immediate 100% vesting
- Annual bonus program based upon performance, profitability, and achievement
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Term Life, AD&D Insurance, and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Disability Income Protection Insurance
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Plans (Health and Dependent Care)
- Holidays/Vacation/Personal Time/Life Events Leave
- Numerous training opportunities and company paid membership for professional associations and licenses