Project Cost Estimator
11 - 15 years experience • Manufacturing / Diversified
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
GA’s Electromagnetic Systems (EMS) Division focuses on the military and commercial applications of advanced electromagnetic technologies, including power generation and distribution, magnetic levitation, and systems design and engineering. The EMS Division supports government customers, which include the Department of Defense, Department of Energy and the Department of Transportation. We have Pricing/Cost Estimator role open within our EMS Division.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Cost Estimator focused on return cost analyst located in our Rancho Bernardo facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Mentor junior level Cost Estimators on process and procedures.
- Participate in Senior Management Cost Reviews as required.
- Participate/facilitate with functional organizations on any DCAA/DCMA proposal audits
- Performs pricing of proposals and directs support of pre-award, post-award and fact finding audits.
- Assist in development and maintenance of cost estimating system and other cost estimating duties to achieve business objectives.
- Computes cost factors and prepares estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work, preparing bids, selecting vendors or subcontractors, and determining cost effectiveness.
- Compiles and analyzes statistical data to determine feasibility of buying products and to establish price objectives for contract transactions.
- Conducts special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or effect cost reductions.
- Interfaces with several internal functional groups as well as outside vendors to gather data. Makes recommendations regarding the feasibility of manufacturing or buying needed products.
- Analyzes blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for products, projects, or services.
- Reviews data to determine material and labor requirements and prepares itemized lists.
- Obtains data for cost analysis studies by determining manufacturing costs within divisions of company.
- Performs pre-award, post-award and fact finding audits.
- Interprets FAR and CAS regulations relating to pricing.
- Develops and maintains pricing spreadsheet and prepares reports, charts, and graphs of findings.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in business administration, industrialengineering, or a related discipline, with emphasis in cost accounting, cost estimating, project management, and/or project controls; along with ten or more years of progressive cost estimating experience, preferably with a defense contractor. Equivalent experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Experience Utilizes MS Office Suite, SAP, Windchill, ProPricer and other applications.
- Must have a complete knowledge and competence in the concepts, principles, and standard practices in costing and pricing.
- Must have experience adhering to DCAA audit compliance, FAR, TINA regulations.
- Must have experience negotiating and working in government contracting environment and be able to analyze and solve a variety of moderately complex costing problems.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and communication skills, both verbal and written and be computer literate with knowledge of computer applications relevant to the position, including spreadsheet applications. Must be able to work extended hours when required.
Job ID#: 14063BR