Position Description: Manage and supervise at a project level all engineering and administrative policies, procedures and functions. Coordinate with project field operations to ensure transfer of information is delivered, understood and implemented.
Reports To:Project Manager, Senior Project Manager or Project Executive
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*:
- Develop a comprehensive working knowledge and understanding of the contract documents (including Turner’s contract, plans, specifications and applicable codes).
- Lead, supervise and develop all Turner engineering staff, including providing input on or completing performance appraisals.
- Ensure strict adherence to safety, ethics and compliance requirements at all times.
- Overall responsibility for communication of information amongst all project team members.
- Establish and maintain procedures with the design professionals, consultants, owner and subcontractors for information flow, approvals, meetings, reporting, applications for payment, etc.
- Work with Preconstruction, Estimating and Purchasing in development of Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP) or initial project budget. Lead the preconstruction effort as it relates to Project Engineering and the specific project needs.
- Conduct thorough construction document reviews and examine all documents for constructability and Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC). Bring all concerns to the attention of the appropriate design professional for resolution.
- Participate in preparation of various studies, recommendations for materials and methods, and cost estimates.
- Prepare a detailed contract items list including all significant items required for the construction of the project. Develop trade scope of work documents for bid packages, major material and equipment purchases.
- Prepare a procurement schedule for subcontractors, major material and equipment purchases to ensure timely buy-outs and overall compliance with the constructionschedule is maintained.
- Responsible for managing financial status of the project including preparation of project status and accuracy of financialreports.
- Schedule, conduct, and document all job meetings, owner-architect and coordination meetings.
- Manage the subcontract change order process including review of subcontractor estimates, negotiate change orders, obtain required owner approvals and preparation of subcontract change orders.
- Manage project close-out, including securing warranties, guarantees, and acceptance of work, subcontract and vendor close, final payment and records retention.
Qualifications:Bachelor’s Degree plus minimum of eight years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience. Knowledge of accounting principles and cost control procedures. Knowledge of estimating, construction costs, scheduling, purchasing, and engineering principles and techniques, various building systems. Strong computer skills and a familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite of programs. Knowledge of Turner’s Project Management and scheduling software desirable. Ability to implement leading-edge technologies such as Building Information Models (BIM) and Lean to benefit the project. Demonstrated ability to thoroughly understand drawings and specifications, general contract and subcontract documents, materials, means and methods. Very strong oral and written communication skills required. Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.