Summary: As a Project Coordinator II, the prospective employee serve as an entry level Project Manager on public works projects with responsibility for development of project scopes intoconstruction plans and documents. The employee will employ his knowledge of surveying andengineering to develop plans from client goals, existinginfrastructure, and knowledge of existingtechnology. The employee will beresponsible for development of plans,contract documents, specifications, bidding phase assistance,contract award,constructionengineering, andconstructioncontractadministration.
- Applies knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas using advanced techniques, theory, precepts and practices in a specialized engineering field and related sciences and disciplines.
- Responsible for various phases of planning, coordination, and design of private and municipal projects in water production, water distribution, wastewater treatment, and sanitary sewer collection. Phases could include team lead for a complete project, team lead for a portion of a project, and support for engineering staff and direction of technical staff. All responsibilities include working toward or directing a design team toward a common goal of completion of projects within budget and schedule.
- Ability to communicate and meet with engineers, support staff, and various clients to provide technical support and project updates.
- Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering or
- 5+ years experience in engineering related project assignments
- 5+ years of specialized experience.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Sit for extended periods of time working on computer
- Spend time in the field gathering information and assessing project requirements
- Evening meetings with clients and governmental boards are a possibility
Job Id: 230