Optimal Solutions & Technologies (OST, Inc.) is focused on excellence. We specialize in providing Management Consulting, Information Technology, and Research Development and Engineering services. OST is one of an elite set of companies worldwide to be externally appraised CMMI Level 5. The fundamental distinction of the OST team is its business knowledge in both the public and private sectors. We serve the aerospace & transportation, association & nonprofit, defense, education, energy, financial, healthcare, and technology & telecommunications industries. OST is successful because we listen to our clients, we learn from our clients, and we know our clients. Description of specific Duties in a typical workday for this position:
- Work as a member of an Integrated Product Teams; supports the life cycle project management activities for training simulator, simulations, training aids, and test and training instrumentation systems acquisition per DoD processes/procedures.
- Provides technical input to the acquisition documents required per DoD guidelines.
- Coordinates project activities across the functional domain which includes engineering, logistics, financial management and contracts.
- Provides expert level advice to the Project Director and other members of the IPT in the area of program acquisition and execution.
- Track cost, schedule, and performance for a portfolio of projects; schedule and attend project technical and programmatic reviews, resolve issues as identified; prepare documentation for scheduled reviews;
- Provide coordination for all ongoing projects; identify and provide input to the project director to execute risk management and contractor performance assessments.
- Travel approximately 25%, locations include CONUS and OCONUS
- Ability to organize and plan requirements
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products – Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience using Microsoft Project
- Knowledge of DoD Acquisition Process and Procedures
- Knowledge and Skills of management concepts, principles, methods, practices, analytical analysis, and processes.
- Knowledge of the full range of principles, concepts, and methodology associated with project management to i include planning and completing assigned workload Knowledge of program planning and budgeting cycles.
- Ability to execute projects and/or studies within established financial and time constraints.
- Ability to interpret and apply rules, regulations, and procedures
- Ability to integrate information Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Secret Clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years of experience
- Experience supporting DoD acquisition programs
- PMP/DAWIAA Level III Certification