WSP is currently seeking a Project Control Specialist for our Transportation Business Line, located in our Thornhill office. Working on Major Projects, this position will be providing support and assistance to the Pursuit / Project Manager and to their respective teams. The Project Control Specialist supports the execution of pursuit / project activities, including Financial Management, project management, and monthly reporting. As a member of the Transportation group, you will be given opportunities to apply your education and experience on complex projects. You will be challenged to manage multiple priorities, meet tight deadlines, and maintain a very high quality. You will gain knowledge through mentorship and skills development, fast-track your professional development to become a strong project control specialist with the potential for a PMP designation.
- Prepare recommendations for remedial action where cost deviations occur, include trends in the forecast, or develop a mitigation program or corrective measures.
- Seek Project Manager’s approval for changes to baseline estimates and new forecasted dates/performance;
- Implement Change Management processes, reporting of all project exposures pending, approved and rejected;
- Take ownership of the cost control functions and ensure integrity of the data being processed
- Prepare, update, and maintain cash flow, and earned value analysis
- Interface with project team to develop project forecasts and costs for Earned Value (EV) assessment
- Participate in risk assessment
- Liaise with clients to clarify cost related issues and interface with e-Billers and accounting teams to prepare accurate monthly invoices and for reporting purposes.
- Participates in the management of sub-consultants including generating subconsultant agreements, invoice management, and change control management.
- Prepare cost reports to ensure original commitments, cost to date and cost to complete and any variances are accurately reported on a timely basis
- Prepare financial reconciliation reports
- Liaise with Accounting Department for proper allocation of revenues
- Implement financial controls including controlling authorizations of expenditure and cash flow projections
- Track and coordinate the progress of the project on a day-to-day basis from a cost and schedule perspective to ensure that the project is on-track
- Support the business development teams in responding to RFQ, RFP and bid development process by providing input in the fee development;
- Implementation of project controls procedures and continuous improvement measures;
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering, construction management, accounting or finance, Business Management or related field.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience required.
- PMP or PMI-SP certification, knowledge of PMBOK or Project Management education an asset
- Requires solid understanding of Microsoft Office Suite
- Understanding of project life cycle and engineering and construction projects
- Checks the work of others for accuracy and completeness and monitors project budget.
- Participates and collaborates in project team setting to provide solutions.
- Adaptability and flexibility including the ability to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity and change
- Ability to multi-task, work on several projects or tasks at once, manage time, organize, and set priorities
- Strong organizational skills and interpersonal skills as the role requires continuous interaction with team members
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal, including report writing, editing, and proofreading abilities