The Project Controls Specialist will work collaboratively with both internal Ulteig and external client project team members to develop, manage and control project schedules and budgets for utility scale renewable energy projects in various life-cycle phases from development through commercial operation. Responsibilities
- Analyze project scopes of work from multiple project team entities to develop an integrated master Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and schedule for control and integrity
- Develop, monitor and update detailed Critical Path Method (CPM) resource and cost loaded dynamic schedule models utilizing Microsoft Project Professional.
- Meet regularly with Project Manager and team members to assess project progress, status and changes and update schedule model accordingly.
- Assess impacts to the schedule critical path activities; report deviations and variances and assist in the developing action plans for corrective action
- Perform “what-if” schedule scenario forecast analysis when required
- Assist in development of project construction budgets
- Prepare detailed project cash flow forecasts upon request
- Prepare monthly project schedule status updates including: schedule performance index (SPI) reporting; cost analysis including cost performance index (CPI) reporting; earned value (EV) analysis; budget, actual and forecasted cost analysis and reporting, and earned value (EV) S-Curves.
- Track scope changes, trends and variances that potentially affect schedule performance
- Monitoring current scheduling processes to insure proper functionality and adherence to policy
- Attend project/management meetings
- Maintains customer focus to meet or exceed customer expectations and represent Ulteig in a professional and courteous manner
- Demonstrate the ability to be organized and work on multiple projects and meet deadlines by setting priorities
- Must be able to prepare clear and concise status updates and reports as required
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Demonstrates excellent leadership, verbal/written communications, time management, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Consistently produces results that meet goals, has high work standards, and understands the business environment and processes
- Achieves results by problem solving, setting priorities and organization
- Strives for individual excellence by seeking challenges and self -development, demonstrating high levels of expertise and showing commitment, self-confidence and integrity
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP) Certifications preferred
- Minimum 5 years of construction scheduling experience with Microsoft Project Professional or Primavera
- Must have strong quantitative skills with ability to design moderately complex spreadsheet solutions, database queries, and other analytical tools.
- Proven experience with earned value management reporting systems
- Proven experience in Microsoft Software Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project)
Job Id: 1497