Ready to put your project controls expertise to work on marquee infrastructure projects that will change the urban fabric of our community? Would you enjoy being involved on a wide variety of tasks on large scale, complex projects? Parsons is now hiring a Senior Project Control Specialist for our rapidly expanding aviation project located in Toronto. Parsons extensive experience in this field combined with your advanced project and engineering knowledge, will propel your career forward with opportunity to lead teams. We need our Specialists at this level to be fully qualified professionals with solid experience, enthusiastic to work in highly flexible, team-oriented environment and who have exceptional communication, analytical and leadership skills. In this role you will develop, implement, and maintain cost control, and/or provide planning/scheduling function on one or more larger projects. You will be utilizing your technical expertise, and familiarity with company policies and procedures to complete complicated tasks independently. Responsibilities:
- Provides guidance, direction, and specialized assistance for the resolution of difficult project control problems.
- Analyzes, evaluates, and forecasts current status against an established baseline schedule.
- Assesses the impact(s) of design or construction changes and schedule slippages.
- Reports status of schedule to appropriate project and Company management as well to the client.
- Understands and applies engineering, procurement, and construction terminology, concepts, and relationships.
- Develops and maintains critical path logic networks and bar charts utilizing this information.
- Customizes project control systems to meet specific project requirements.
- Accumulates historical data, such as performance experience, for use in maintaining a realistic basis for future planning and forecasting.
- May supervise and provide performance reviews for one or more lower-level Project Control Engineer/Specialists and/or support personnel.
- Provides input to Sr. Project Control Staff regarding staffing requirements.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- 4-year degree in Engineering or Construction Management or related field (or equivalent experience)
- 5-10 years of related work experience.
- Requires basic engineering knowledge in electrical, mechanical, civil, or a related field.
- Proficient PC skills including proficiency in various Project Controls software and Microsoft Office Suite.
Ready for action? We’re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don’t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.