- Develops the scope, schedule, budget and estimates to complete data for assigned tasks.
- Leads in the creation of Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and development of schedules and budget data (including resource loading) for those WBS elements.
- Analyzes unit rates to the extent the estimate to complete unit rates are well understood and defendable to peer review.
- Assembles and compiles schedules and cost data and inputs into the project control database and provide output to the project team.
- Analyzes schedules progress and performance and identifies developing problem areas.
- Participates in claims analysis and negotiation.
- Assists in managing and maximizing project margins.
- Advises management of risks that may affect project profit, costs, schedules and client relations.
- Supports the Project Management team in maintaining timely and effective change management processes, procedures and systems.
- Takes the lead in the development and maintenance of any periodic (daily, weekly, monthly) status reports to keep management and/or owner informed on the project progress.
- Participates in the development of the Project Close Out process including the evaluation of all subcontractors and major vendors.
- Sets the priority of Safety as paramount in all planning and execution.
- Uses Middough Advance Project Procedures (MAPP) as a tool for project implementation and complies with procedural requirements.
- Prepares one lunch & learn workshop per year on a topic relevant to project execution or procedural improvement.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or Business
- Hands-on experience with Primavera Project Planner P6, SAP, Oracle, Contract Manager and otherfinancial IT tools
- 10+ years’ experience setting up constructionschedules working with resource loading and earned value management systems
- Project Controls experience on engineering and construction projects
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of principles and concepts of cost engineering as they relate to budgeting, monitoring and tracking actual costs, change orders and forecasting
- Experience with Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project Software