Reporting to the Scheduling Lead, the Project Controls Specialist performs reporting, scheduling and provides technical and/or management support to operations for a progress monitoring tool.
- Prepare complex reports in Excel for internal and external distribution
- Evaluate actual construction progress and provides regular schedule updates and Look-ahead schedules on a weekly basis
- Compile, review, analyze, and present large quantities of data via the progress monitoring tool
- Facilitates the tracking of project milestones and financialdeadlines; assistance with the creation of the project schedule; inputs and updates schedule throughout the project
- Responsible for the administration and technical support for various in-house database applications
- Provide support for forecasting in order to ensure most current Earned Value information is built into consolidated forecasts
- Provide support for estimating cost and calculating labor hours required to complete the project
- Influence method and format of tables, charts and reports.
- Continuously improve project administrative processes and procedures to enhance efficiencies for the projects.
- Monitor procedures and practices, thinking creatively and strategically to create improvements
- Provide subject matter expertise to end users on the progress monitoring tool
- May perform other related duties as required
- Degree in Engineering, Business or Finance
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role
- Experience with engineering and construction based cost and scheduling systems (Productivity, performance measurement, progress tracking, etc.)
- Ability to understand terminology and processes in project controls and extract relevant information
- Demonstrated conceptual, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Excellent time management and organization skills, with the proven ability to juggle and reprioritize based on business demands and priorities
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including the ability to manipulate large amounts of data and perform complex functions within Excel
- Intermediate knowledge of Primavera P6 and resource loading
- Strong communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form
- Knowledge of main construction office processes
- Capable of responding to project stakeholder requests in typical situations and understands client needs and works to meet those needs by offering assistance and advice on standard practical issues.
- Ability to identify problems/issues and generates solutions and makes sound decisions using standard procedures.
- Capable of probing and listening carefully, presents information clearly in an appropriate style and persuades others in straightforward situations.
- Willingness to contribute actively in team activities, sharing experiences and ideas.