With 2017 revenues of approximately $15 billion, Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. (Jacobs) is one of the largest publicly traded (NYSE: JEC) and diverse providers of professional technical services in the world. Founded in 1947, the company now has nearly 74,000 employees that help us prosper in diverse industries by holding true to our values and culture. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, our global network spans more than 230+ offices in countries across North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Australia, Africa and Asia.
The company’s service portfolio consists of a comprehensive range of business solutions related to engineering, architecture, construction, operations and maintenance and scientific and specialty consulting
The Jacobs Mining and Minerals team in our Denver office is seeking a Mid-Level Project Controls Specialist with experience in Mining and Minerals or in Heavy Industries such as Oil and Gas or Chemical companies. Successful candidate will interact with internal and external clients to prepare and maintain CPM schedule including assigned resources.
Typical job responsibilities are to assist and support management in ensuring proper cost control, tracking and cost accounting for project cost and work scope alignment with the approved project Work Breakdown Structure and coding, schedule development, status updates and control, work scope alignment with the approved project Work Breakdown Structure and coding, preparing change notices and change orders, and preparing/submitting consolidated project status reports. The specific work assignment may include duties or activities that assist and support project and functional management in one or more of the following functional areas, in addition to other duties as assigned. Some travel may be required.
- Support Local Management, Project Executives and Project Managers with Operational Project Reviews (OPRs)
- Contributes to development of new techniques, tools, systems, and systems integrations to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Project Services
- Consultant to management team on certain large-scale matters
- Develop, monitor, track, analyze, forecast, and report on project budgets, estimates to complete, commitments, expenditures, project progress and productivity, work plans and schedules, projects cost at completion, WBS cost coding, subcontracts, and change management
- Provide Earned Value Support
- Review key cost, schedule, earned value, and risk metrics to assess progress and forecast project outcomes
- Provide support for project proposal pricing
- Perform risk analysis on cost and schedule and recommend usage of contingency
- Assure change management systems and processes are implemented and followed
- Identify potential project problems early, report issues and problems to operations leadership, and work with project teams to address and implement recovery plans
- Coordinate activities and services with corporate support groups including human resources, accounting, legal, contracts management, procurement and safety
- May assist/advise junior level team members
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience is required, with 5+ of those years in project controls.
- BS or BA in Cost Management, Engineering, Project Management, Business, Industrial Management, Construction Science, Accounting or Finance preferred
- Experience on Mining and Minerals projects or in Heavy Industries such as Oil and Gas or Chemical companies.
- Proficient computer skills using MS Office tools and the most current project management software programs
- Proficient Microsoft Excel skills are a must
- Experience developing and maintaining databases preferred
- Good verbal and written communications skills and a desire to work with details
- Relationship skills that include adaptability, diplomacy and fortitude to resolve complex issues and address differences of opinions
- The ability to build consensus amongst peers
- Experience in engineering/design and construction of publicly and privately funded projects
- Experience with Primavera's Expedition, Contract Manager or P6 is a plus
- Travel may be required