Seeking a Project Controls - Cost professional for the LAX Automated People Mover (APM) project in Los Angeles. The APM is an electric train system on a 2.25 mile elevated guideway with six stations total, for Los Angeles International Airport. Early work construction began in May 2018, and the system is expected to be open for passenger service in 2023. The construction portion of the contract is valued at over $2 billion.
This position performs Project Control activities and/or supervises the preparation of Project Controls activities for a project or assignment. This role serves as Control Team Leader on small projects and provides direct supervision to a small team of Project Controls personnel, or as a Subject Manager Expert (SME) for the entire Project Controls Team in the Regional Office.
• Develop Work Breakdown and Project Coding Structures for control and integrity of work defined by the contract
• Develop totally integrated engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) schedules/cost control programs
• Recommend solutions or recovery plans to schedule/cost impact or delays
• As Cost Specialist develop and analyze the Project Margin Analysis Report (PMAR)
• Analyze variances in cost and schedule performance against the plan, and communicate the reasons for the issuance of variance and proposed mitigation plans to Project Management
• As Cost Specialist coordinate estimate development with the Project Estimator
• Other duties as assigned
To be Considered Candidates:
Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located and be able to interview on site.
Basic Job Requirements
• Accredited four (4) year degree in Business Administration, Construction, Finance, Project Management, Engineering, or global equivalent in applicable field of study and eight (8) years of work-related experience or a combination of education and directly related experience equal to twelve (12) years if non-degreed; some locations may have additional or different qualifications in order to comply with local requirements
• Field experience
• Experience working on a project size of $500 million plus.
• Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
• Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
• Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
• Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
• Rail and Automated People Mover experience preferred.
• Linear project experience preferred.
• Possess practical experience in the use of automated cost systems (specifically SAP, Heavy Job)
• Advanced PC skills in Excel and MS Word
• Possess practical experience in the use of the automated cost or schedule management systems
• Must have had leadership roles as a Control Team Lead (CTL) on a small-sized project or lead on a large project
• May need to travel internationally for project assignments and in support of business related matters.