With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Hatch is currently seeking a Project Controls Specialist to join our team in Houston, TX. As a Project Controls Specialist, you will be part of an integrated engineering team and be responsible for the overall delivery of Project Controls; including Cost Management, Planning and Scheduling, EPCM/EPC Control, Project Accounting, Trend and Change Management, Progress Measurement and Evaluation and Project Reporting.
- Develop detailed project schedules using standard coding and work breakdown structures.
- Establish critical path and total project duration.
- Perform schedule control by determining critical path analysis, planned value, earned value, schedule variance and recommend corrective actions as required.
- Update project schedules to reflect progress against project plans.
- Develop, maintain and report project cost information, including budgets, commitments, expenditure, forecast and variance on direct costs as well as planned, actual, estimate-to-complete and variance on indirect costs, plus invoice management and payment.
- Prepare project controls execution plans and perform set-up of systems and tools.
- Establish project controls baselines.
- Confirm progress measurement and earned value methodology, and initiate progress reporting.
- Analyze trend gaps and distribute to Project Managers.
- Initiate and prepare periodic reporting according to approved execution plans.
- 8-12 years relevant experience in a project environment with detailed knowledge of Cost Control and Planning (hands-on experience is a must).
- In-depth understanding of the EPCM industry and practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge of practices and procedures involved in the planning function.
- Sound experience with computer-based scheduling systems (Primavera P6, Microsoft Project) and other computerized applications related to the role.
- Must possess sound judgement, strong analytical and interpersonal skills, well developed organizational and administration skills, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Post-secondary education in engineering or relevant discipline, or equivalent related experience.
- Strong personal computer skills (MS Office package).
- Facilitation, negotiation skills and report writing skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to convey project technical information to project managers, clients and peers.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
Requisition ID: 19062