We are seeking a Project Controls Specialist to work in our successful Waterfront business operations in the Northeastern US. This role will support and develop accurate cost control and schedule information, including but not limited to performance data, cost forecasts, and forward-looking advice to project managers in order to support project objectives.
The Project Controls Specialist will join a dedicated team of specialists to share best practices and make meaningful contributions to project and client success.
Your Key Responsibilities
The successful Project Controls Specialist has good business awareness and acumen. They have passion for thought leadership and a core competency in project management fundamentals, with a desire to optimize project performance against scope, cost, and schedule metrics.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, business writing, electronic communications and presentations
- Ability to work on several projects or tasks during any given day on a consistent basis
- Business awareness and acumen: sound knowledge of project costs, time and resource availability
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to make timely decisions
- Implement established project control processes and procedures for project execution, including, but not limited to, earned value management, and management of change
- Support development of project execution plans and project control plans, and liaising with the project manager and the client to establish a robust project control and reporting methodology at project inception
- Support the preparation of baseline controls, budgets, and resource-loaded schedules in conjunction with project team members when required
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Minimum 5 years' relevant experience in project controls, preferably for engineering projects.
- Bachelor's or master's degree business administration or engineering.Proficiency in project monitoring and controls software (Excel, Microsoft Project, Primavera P6, etc).
- Project Management Professional (PMP) credential is a plus.
- Experience in organizing, planning, and executing tasks to support projects from pursuit through execution and closeout.
- Demonstrated proficiency in problem solving and risk management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to obtain access to controlled sites.
- Travel to other offices as well as to project sites is required.