The Project Controls Manager is responsible for leadership, direction, management and performance of a project controls department. The Project Controls Manager is to assure that the reporting systems for project controls, the project controls roles and staff and the tools used in project controls are developed, available and functioning according to enterprise Project Management Center of Excellence requirements. The department performs complex aspects of individual project estimating, scheduling, change documentation and cost control while reporting to accounting and clients. The Project Controls Manager is a critical position as the leader of the project controls unit. This position supports Project Managers and Project Directors on projects and programs of varying size and complexity. The Project Controls Manager will be expected to lead and direct the organization that provides reviews of the project controls status (cost, contract, WBS, schedule, resource, etc.). This position is critical to the coaching and mentoring of Project Controls Specialists.
- Manage the development, implementation and maintenance of a management reporting data warehouse to produce valuable program controls reports and data.
- Lead and direct schedule management involving critical path method scheduling techniques, estimating, project cost management, forecasting and document control for multiple projects.
- Ensure accurate Earned Value Management system reporting.
- Ensure accurate cost management and forecast reporting.
- Oversee the risk management process by identifying and mitigating risk potentials to the project.
- Lead Interactive Project Planning Meetings (IPPM).
- Expert negotiation experience with heavy industrial project prime agreements and construction contract/subcontract agreements.
- Experience with Joint Venture agreements and ability to assist EPC PM in administering a Joint Venture agreement.
- Develop and implement project execution manuals.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with existing and potential clients, customers and contractors to develop additional business.
- Responsible for recruitment, development, training, retention and evaluating performance of the project controls team.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field. Applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- A minimum of 15 years direct project controls experience.
- Must have field experience in order to facilitate and produce detailed construction schedules and interface those construction schedules with engineering and procurement activities.
- Ability to work independently, think creatively and analytically, and make quick and sound decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Accounting experience required.
- Expert user of Microsoft office.
- Expert user of Oracle Primavera P6.